Lemon Laws - New Vehicles

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Interesting subject that one, I did read an article on Jeep problems in one of the on line papers, they had a good go at them, funny thing is on reading the full story people are just bloody stupid I'm afraid, one women had her can in for a recall and went and bought a new one somewhere else and said "sorry I don't want it any more and was taking Fiat/Jeep/Chrysler/Daimler/Mitorie/Someone else to court, I mean really.

However there is a bloke in NZ who bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland cost him arond 90K and the thing would just stop, anywhere and at anyttime, eventually the lemon laws kicked in and he was given a brand new one (even though his was only a few months old) apparently it took them months to figure out what was going on with the old one, so, personally I think the consumer needs the protection of these laws for this reason. The guy in question is now looking to upgrade to a new Jeep GC also, cheers

Reactions: Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Here's a link to a push from the QLD Government regarding Lemon Laws in Australia, so if you have some stories about your new vehicle and problems with it, have a look and put something forward as it really should have something done to bolster the useless laws now in place. Doesn't matter if you live eslewhere.

http://www.qld.gov.au/law/laws-regu...es/consultation-regulatory-reform/lemon-laws/

News Link: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-...ional-lemon-laws-when-new-cars-go-bad/6553056
Full points to QLD Govt

Reactions: dagree and DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Full points to QLD Govt
Why is it that when you buy a toaster with pocket change and it doesnt toast, your entitled to a refund .... but hock your family up to the eyesballs for a dud car, and it wont "toast" you have no recourse ..... seems like this push is slightly well over due.

This may well raise QLDs stocks to almost acceptable ... good on ya's :boink:
(Bet the campaign was stated by an expat Mexican)

Reactions: Tone and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well @Crusty181 it's a labor government up here so the flags will wave, the bugles will sound and nothing will happen, unless they find a way to spend heaps of money on it and charge us all for the privlege.

Reactions: Tone and Crusty181