LED Running Lights - Replacing

David Dickinson

Jun 12, 2013
Mackay
Hi all,

A small 'mishap' occurred recently with our 2012 14.49-4OB, in which one of the running light was smashed.

Does anyone know if this is possible to purchase a replacement and repair yourself or will this require the assistance of my friendly Jayco team?

Thanks,
David

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I have removed one of the lights from the back of the van once. Probably the biggest thing you will have to contend with will be to break the silicone seal. But I would have thought not a hard item to replace.

David Dickinson

Jun 12, 2013
Mackay
Alas, CD, it is the entire light. At first, I thought I could get away with a replacement lens, however it looks like I've managed to rip off the LED light inside as well. The soldered feet remain where the LED light should be....

Just not sure where to purchase the replacement light.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Alas, CD, it is the entire light. At first, I thought I could get away with a replacement lens, however it looks like I've managed to rip off the LED light inside as well. The soldered feet remain where the LED light should be....

Just not sure where to purchase the replacement light.

Can you post up a pic of the light so we can look at it? Someone may have seen it in their travels

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Replacing a light is a very easy job all you need is a screwdriver, side cutters, soldering iron, solder, , tape , silicone ,and a new light witch any jayco dealer should have in stock good luck

David Dickinson

Jun 12, 2013
Mackay
Hi all, after some investigative work, I have found that the lights used on the van that I have are made by Lucidity. Further investigation led me to their web site upon which I made contact with them. They have in turn directed me to Maxiparts who are one of their distributors. Currently awaiting a price from Maxiparts to order a new light. I figure this should be a more competitive price than that of the local Jayco dealer....

David Dickinson

Jun 12, 2013
Mackay
product_1.php
Lucidity part number - 26265CARK-BV (Red/Amber with clear lens)
Appreciate everyone's help!

Thanks brotys, it should be straight forward by the sounds of it!