LED lighting

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
As I have to finalise and sign for a 17.52-2 in a few days, I have one question regarding new Jayco's being now supposedly standard with all LED lights. Can anyone confirm that it now happening and that it isn't just when they have run out of normal one's, and/or should I be getting it in writing just in case?

Phil

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Knowing Jayco, you might get a mix. Wouldn't worry too much either way. Interior LED replacement lamps cheap enough via eBay (rather than Jayco Service Centres) for any incandescents that they slip in. I'd make a point of specifying rear and running lights as LED's though.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
They just plug straight in Jeff, I changed all the main cabin lights with 32 LED 5050 SMD panels and they work really well. The panels come with the right bulb plug in connection. Very happy with light output and low current draw. Cost was about $3 each of eBay. I also went for cool white. There are a few different options that are bulb like LED's that also just plug straight in. Not a costly change. regards Jas

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Hi Phil,

We ordered our new expanda yesterday but before placing the order asked to look at a recently received 18-57.6 for another client, all the lighting in it was LED.

Dave.

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
Hey Phil, my 17.56-2OB was born and in delivered April withOUT LEDs from the factory - BUT the dealer swapped every single globe over to LED plug in's (off the shelf from their accessory store) for me prior to handover and pickup.

I didn't have to lift a finger, it didn't cost me a cent and I get 12months warranty - just make sure you get it written on the contract before you sign the dotted line.

Cheers Ligedy

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I noticed at the Melb Caravan show last month all the expandas on display were non-LED, every other model had 'classy' LED fitted....

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
we picked our expanda up last weekend and it came with Leds. In the 2013 brochure it states that they will come with LEDs so it would be easy to argue for the dealer to replace them at their expense if you're buying new.

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Thanks all. While doing the final sign off a couple of days ago the Dealer answered that it would have LED's, the brochure/advertising states it and he spoke to Jayco while I was there and they confirmed that it would be LED's. If it arrives otherwise I won't accept delivery and hand over any more money without it being that way. From your comments is does seem that it still isn't a certainty.

Phil

sledge

Banned
Feb 21, 2013
Sunbury
Hey Phil, my 17.56-2OB was born and in delivered April withOUT LEDs from the factory - BUT the dealer swapped every single globe over to LED plug in's (off the shelf from their accessory store) for me prior to handover and pickup.

I didn't have to lift a finger, it didn't cost me a cent and I get 12months warranty - just make sure you get it written on the contract before you sign the dotted line.

Cheers Ligedy
I did the same deal with my jayco dealer as I had an early March delivery and with factory LED's rolling out in March got it written into the contract extras. As anticipated the van wasnt fitted with LED's so the dealer replaced them with a plug in LED panel for each light.

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
What is the difference between genuine LED lights that they should be using and the old ones and using plug-ins? Anyone have comparison pics?

matsoutback

Mar 28, 2013
Sunshine Coast
I took delivery of the Discovery last week. It was built in March I think and it came with full LED. The fitting is different from the incandescent. LED's are an oval shape, and low profile.
They produce a good light, nice spread and bright enough.

Slightly off topic, but the light next to the door outside, in the handle is my favourite.:)

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
its better having led i didnt notice how hot the normal globes get and led better white light good for bed ends light as well way to bright led does the trick,you can pick the led brightness like 8 leds or 12 leds or as low as 6 leds

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hi all,

I keep getting emails from this place and today i got this one.....looks pretty good and the price is right! Also alot of other cheap items on here.
http://www.ozstock.com.au/7874/36-LED-Car-Interior-Roof-Light---White

Cheers.
I have a pair of these that look very similar.
i used them in one of the hatches on the side of the van for when we set up at night.
But they are cheap and nasty. For what I used them for where you don't really see them it is perfect. But I don't think I would use them where they are out on show.

Reactions: Burnsy