Old & Moved Large toolbox to suit an Expanda. SOLD

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Going to sell the large toolbox I made for the Expanda. Was going to use it on the Starcraft but as the drawbar is longer and it's not an expanding bed I can have a top opening. Plus I am not going to travell with the gen I think.

The box is 1980 long aprox 480 high by 480 wide (maybe 500) it has two drawers one to suit a generator and the other to suit a camp oven, weber and other stuff. The beuty is they can be accessed with the bed down :) you need to relocate your bottles forward to suit it. It was a godsend on the 16:49

Used on two trips, as new condition, cost me a fortune asking SOLD.

Pm me if interested.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks guys it's a great box . But yeah WA is a long way. I will be keen to move it though so i would be happy to pack it on a skid and get it to a freight depot if we could find a reasonable freight mob . Anyway throwing it out there as I definetly won't be using it now I have come up with another solution .

Cheers

meandher (a frost)

Mar 21, 2013
The Vines, WA
Blue mountains @acmackie
Will be passing through to my cuz's place at Kurrajong Heights later today after a quick business trip, but my little hired Hyundai i20 hasn't a big enough boot to fit the box in :-(

Freight being what it is, would double the cost of getting this to WA. Having road freighted a hardtop for a 3 series Beemer a few years ago, what looked like a good idea ended up with slapped legs and a short stint in the naughty corner from the Dragon. She's a hard woman my missus when it comes to my depleting the bank account.

acmackie

Apr 19, 2012
Glenmore Park
@achjimmy
just across the river and up the hill from my place. Now I need to find a way to justify it. I'll get the tape measure out and see if it would work on the 17.56-2

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Ha ha good luck. Have you got the extended drawbar? No issues with extended if not its Pending in the height of the beds if same as 16' you need to sit it about 40mm out from body making it about 520 from body the gas bottles obviuksy need to go forward I would do the like I have on the Starcraft and you should have no problems with clearance

acmackie

Apr 19, 2012
Glenmore Park
I think it would be a bit tight on my std drawbar. Might need to find myself another solution for some easier storage. Sick of puting the bbq inside for storage and security.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yeah maybe, next time you do a jackknife turn measure how much clearance you have to the van. Then when your back if I still have it come and see us. Can show what I did for the bottles.

Reactions: acmackie