Kitchen Utensils, Dishes, Cookware

Clayton Wood

Apr 30, 2013
We have just purchased a new 16.49.1 Outback and we are picking it up in a few weeks from Perth. We basically need everything that goes in it, melamine dished, cookware, bedding everything. We will obviously buy foil, cling wrap, soap and such from coles or woolies but has anyone found a good online store or Perth based store to purchase plates and such?

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
I'm a big fan of Peters of Kensington. They have loads to choose from and everything is discounted!
I got a most of my kitchenware for our Expanda from them online.

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Reject shop is awesome for cleaning gear, containers etc. not online but good. Try ebay. I got a lot of things on eBay. Deals direct has some nice melamine too.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
We bought these for cooking.
i don't think they were the cheapest option but the are compact.

image.jpg

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
While not cheap I bought the smart space pots. Pretty good and as the name suggests they don't take up much space. More important is that the missus likes them. They come with silicon mats that fit inside the pots to stop them rubbing.

Review:
Pros: Space saving in the cupboard and on the Stove top. Good quality materials and finish. Mats to stop rubbing and good lid vents.
Cons: $$$ and the handle can sometime put put away in a different place every time it get put away :(

http://caravansplus.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=12180

Bloody Caravansplus being just down the road saving on postage!!

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
We got our Swift about 12 months ago. We went to Big W and then raided our kitchen for old knifes forks and spoons that didn't match. Second hand places are also a good source. But Big W, Kmart and Target are the best and its local. I believe in supporting local.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
We have chosen designs that are unique in design or colour. It helps when with other people (especially family) to work out which utensils belong to me.

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
That's the kit we bought bigman0510, very good for a basic kit. Have not put every single item from kit in our van. Kit didn't, when we bought it have a garlic press or cork screw. Got our melamine set from the camping show, was the set to suit 6 people. Camping store just near us also sells the parts separately, which is good if you loose or break something. If you have a BBQ then a bar b mate is gold as well. At least you have thought of the aluminium foil, one of the things we forgot on our first trip. Another thing is those pyramid fly covers. Non slip matting helps as well. Like the others have suggested, evilbay has heaps on it as well.
Cheers
greynt

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
We found them in one of those home maker type stores in Mornington. But my wife has told me she has seen them in David Jones or Myers. Just be aware that they were not cheap. I think $50 or thereabouts.
They look good Brad there goes some more of my money :becky:.

Stevan

May 24, 2013
Hi Brad sorry to butt in the brand name of the product is called Joseph Joseph the cheapest place i found to buy them was Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Joseph-Nest-Plus-Compact-Preparation/dp/B006BSBRWK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369741161&sr=8-2&keywords=joseph joseph
Also have a look at
http://www.amazon.com/Joseph-Nest-Utensils-Compact-Kitchen/dp/B006BSBGI0/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1369741161&sr=8-8&keywords=joseph joseph
Great Utensils and take up very little space
I got both couldn't be happier
Cheers Steve