Just ordered a new 1756.1OB, 2014 model

Worj

Jan 20, 2014
Goulburn Valley Victoria
Just ordered a new 1756.1OB, 2014 model, all the new standard features look the goods,
Independant trailing arm suspension,
New windows,
Roof hatch,
2 fold matress and bigger bed boxes,
Extra power outlets,
120 watt solar panel fitted,
100 ampH battery included,
LED strip light wired in and fitted to roll out awning,
and a few other nice things to keep the other half happy.

We added
Extended drawbar,
Hot water service,
Large fridge,
Wind up TV ariel,
Privacy screens to bed ends,

Delivery expected April/May, Already shopping for all the small things to make it like Home, and planning shake down trips before and extended trip up the coast in October, Can't wait

navmatt

Jan 20, 2014
Ayr/Glenden Nth Qld
Hey sounds sweet, we just ordered the 20.63.1 OB. We didn't opt for the extended drawbar, apart from increasing the towball weight and a bit of extra room out the front we didn't worry about it. Though seeing a few people on here adding storage boxes to the front I'm thinking maybe I should add it. Just out of curiosity how much was that option?

Cheers
Navmatt

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome to the forum to two newbies, @Worj and @navmatt. Hope you find the forum interesting and useful. :ranger:

If you search for extended drawbar, you will find pros and cons for them and also lots of plans for storage boxes.

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
@Worj welcome aboard great choice in model and the new standard inclusions sound great. One bit of advice I wish I had was to forgo the privacy screens to the bed ends and spend the money on some aftermarket. The best ones I've seen on here are @Brad post #21 here http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/wet-beds-when-raining.3091/page-2. By the look of your profile your on the same side of town too, he had them done at ADP Caravan Services in Kilsyth.
Just my two bobs worth.

Az

Reactions: Bellbirdweb

The Wadamses

Jan 13, 2014
Tassie (near Launceston)
@Worj forgo the privacy screens to the bed ends and spend the money on some aftermarket. The best ones I've seen on here are @Brad post #21 here http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/wet-beds-when-raining.3091/page-2. Az
We've seen some highly questionable ones that dealers have optioned for people.. It seems they're very different dealer by dealer. Ours from Prestige Jayco in Geelong are sensational, as is our annex.
No affiliation, & nothing away from Brad's which look great too; we're just really happy with them. Look great, loads of privacy but clear view from & lots of light inside, and completely dry bed ends during several torrential downpours.. Just very happy customers :)

Worj

Jan 20, 2014
Goulburn Valley Victoria
Thanks all for comments, will post photos when i have picked it up, draw bar extension was only 250 and as i have a Prado with the big barn door it is a must. Mods will start from then, already thinking about so many things to do!!!
The privacy screens we ordered were the Prestige ones from Bendigo/Geelong, Brads do look go though

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
@Worj I have the Prestige Bendigo privacy screens and I can tell you they don't stop the bed ends from getting wet (Phillip Island New Years Day). I made up clear PVC bed ends as I didn't have the budget for @Brad's and they work great, but as I said if I had my time over that would be my advice.

Az

The Wadamses

Jan 13, 2014
Tassie (near Launceston)
@Worj I have the Prestige Bendigo privacy screens and I can tell you they don't stop the bed ends from getting wet (Phillip Island New Years Day). I made up clear PVC bed ends as I didn't have the budget for @Brad's and they work great, but as I said if I had my time over that would be my advice.

Az
Hi Az..
Love to see a photo of your clear PVC ones if you're happy to share? Have been looking at different things people have done here bc we do like getting the extra light and view on cold windy & rainy days..
Which made me realise - we've never relied on the privacy screen for waterproofing bc they're just for privacy, not weather; we've always zipped up the canvas if the sky or forecast is looking wet, & have never had an issue.
Did your bed ends get wet with the canvas windows closed, or were those open with only the screens for weatherproofing?
Also, not sure if Geelong & Bendigo use same suppliers? I know the Geelong ones are local to Geelong, but no idea about the team Bendigo uses.
Cheers

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Hi @Worj and @navmatt and :welcome: to the forum.
both vans sound great and I'm sure that the forum will be a great source of information for you guys.
Now just the waiting… waiting…. and oh some more waiting. :) well a good use of time is to think about what MODS you can make ;)

JOBSWAN

Nov 3, 2012
Mandurah WA
@Worj
Could you or anyone else please explain the bigger bed boxes and 2 fold mattress? Any pics as well as information would be helpful. Finalising order this week and need to know all the finer details :help: