Just general stuff

john hayward

Dec 31, 2012
Haven't been on here for a while although I always read all the threads and get some great ideas ie. storing the table behind the hard lid.
About to head up to Inskip Point in a few weeks to catch some crabs (weather permitting) and I've been reading with interest how a lot of owners have relocated their spare from between the gas bottles to the rear.
Although we have had our expanda over two years I have never had to use the spare (touch wood).
So just for the sake of the exercise I deceided to take it out just to see how long it would take and how much trouble it really was.
The first thing that amazed me was that the wheel brace did not fit the retention bolt for the spare - you would think that it would be one of the basics.
That's ok so out with the socket set for a fairly simple exercise, or so I thought.
Would budge no matter how hard I tried.
Under the van for a look and what did I find but the bolt which protrudes through under the van has been bent and obviously wasn't going anywhere. It appears that this area of the van has bottomed out at some stage (obviously before we bought it) and the bolt bent backwards. Looks like a job for the hacksaw!
I'm just pleased that I didn't find it on the side of a busy road so thanks to the forum.
As a separate matter I remember a thread about Aldi cryovac machines. I have one and was just about to toss it when I purchased some sunbeam bags instead of the Lumina bags. What a difference - works a treat for anyone who is interested.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Yes, thanks for bringing that to everyone's attention.

I cut mine off before it got a chance to bend!