Jayco's new JTECH suspension

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Got this email from Jayco today.

Interesting....

Jayco is proud to release the all new JTECH Suspension!
Precision manufactured using automotive processes to ensure exact fitment, JTECH Suspension is the product of two years' research and development at Jayco's Melbourne headquarters, and countless kilometers of real world testing across the best and worst of Australian second class roads.
The purpose designed JTECH Suspension complements the Jayco Endurance Chassis replacing beam axles with individual stub axles, allowing each wheel to react independently to the road surface, while also lessening the chassis' unsprung weight.

Delivering greater stability, a smoother ride, more precise handling and increased ground clearance without increased ride height, making towing easier and safer than ever before.

capture.jpg

capture.jpg
JTECH Suspension features include:
1. AL-KO stub axles, bearings and brakes that are suitable for fitment of AL-KO Electronic Stability Control

2. Electrocoated surfaces for optimum protection against corrosion and stone chips

3. Large diameter, heavy-duty Pedders off-road shock absorbers and coil springs designed specifically for Jayco RVs and Australian conditions

4. Aeon rubber springs inside each coil spring, producing a progressing rate when the suspension is compressed

5. Toe-in and toe-out adjustment for wheel alignment

Reactions: TerriD

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
There is a big write up about it in the new Caravan World magazine too along with the new Silverline and a bit of a history article about jayco

TerriD

Feb 19, 2014
Northern NSW
Hate to think what the cost will be as an optional extra, wonder will Jayco Dealers do the wheel alignments and what will they cost? Looks a nice bit of work though from a fitters point of view.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I think mine is out of alignment, does anyone know how to check and adjust and what the nominal specs are?
I'd say you are right. It seems to be a bit of an issue with the Jtech.

I took mine to a truck aligner after getting back from our Christmas trip when I noticed a lot of wear on the front LHS tyre.

It was 19 degrees toe in on the left and 6 degrees toe in on the right.

The alignment place were impressed and had never seen one so out of alignment.

I tried by local tyre place and they actually laughed at me when I asked if they did caravans, but the truck place was great.

Reactions: Drover

Red1

Sep 14, 2013
Emerald Qld
We have had our second alignment now. First time after 10000km out by a huge amount so it was scrubbing tyres. Second time after another 10000km out a bit again. Looks like this will be a regular thing. So far the only "off road" it has done is the few km of dirt road into Carnavan Gorge, hardly rough enough to knock the alignment out I would think......
Cheers

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
We have had our second alignment now. First time after 10000km out by a huge amount so it was scrubbing tyres. Second time after another 10000km out a bit again. Looks like this will be a regular thing. So far the only "off road" it has done is the few km of dirt road into Carnavan Gorge, hardly rough enough to knock the alignment out I would think......
Cheers
Ours was after Carnarvon Gorge as well, but no, hardly even a bump on that road so don't think that would knock it out of alignment.

The alignment place weren't all that hat happy with the adjustment as they couldn't adjust the camber properly, so they got it as close as they could but wanted it to be better.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Probably the stress of turning is pulling things out of shape, have a look at the tyre distortion when you turn and stop half way thru the turn on tar/concrete, you will see the stress that must be on the rim/axle and suspension. The off road tyres they fit to vans wouldn't help either, not needed really just cause more wear and drag, that why you never see them on real trailers.

Reactions: warren cook

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Probably the stress of turning is pulling things out of shape, have a look at the tyre distortion when you turn and stop half way thru the turn on tar/concrete, you will see the stress that must be on the rim/axle and suspension. The off road tyres they fit to vans wouldn't help either, not needed really just cause more wear and drag, that why you never see them on real trailers.
I think you could be right there @Drover.

When I turn around a couldersack at the end of the street the wheels look like they want to twist off the frame.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The tyres on the truck could be as much as half a tyre out of line as I turned sometimes, I had air bag suspension on the Volvo and some walking beam rigs it would push a wheel a whole tyre out of line, then you knew some new bushes were in order.

At least yours can be adjusted, Big Mal has Knee Suspension so once things start wearing it get springs reset as no other way to adjust, big pain as can't find what the original set for the springs is, as I want to get them reset...still searching local though...........might be cheaper and easier just to rotate tyres....lol,.

Reactions: Bellbirdweb