Journey Jayco Journey Outback 2014 Table Mod...how to remove bracket?

Ifocus

Jun 17, 2022
Gonesurfing64
The table for the wife and I is too big and often in the way so planning on replacing with smaller version.

Too tight to part with the money for the fancy stuff (yet)...

The plan is to knock up a smaller version in ply to get the size and position right then if it works dress it up to look the part.

Spanner in the works is the bracket doesn't want to come off the original table, have removed the screws but the bracket wont let go and just isn't with the program.

Before I up the anti and bring in the tools of mass destruction anyone know if they glued them or used sneaky screws under the laminate?

Thanks

IMG_2394.JPG

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Interesting, I wonder if its glued as well ???

Levering the bracket, large scrapper under bracket or adding a pole to fitting to use as a lever may distort things I would try to turn the whole bracket, it may have a nutsert fitting underneath, gingerly but firmly whatever you do.

If it doesn't want to budge then leave it, knock up your mock table top and use say a milk crate and chocks to adjust height to see how it fits then just make another bracket up for that table, easy enough to source a fittting at Bunnings even if its not the same as original.

Reactions: Ifocus

Ifocus

Jun 17, 2022
Gonesurfing64
Thanks Drover, ended up gently driving the plastic paint scrapper in so as to not bend or force anything to much, found what looked like "No Nails" adhesive it fought me right to the end.

Impressive holding power given how smooth both surfaces were and the age (2014).

IMG_2395.JPG