Jayco Ist service

Greg

May 31, 2012
Blacksmiths NSW
I had my 16.49.4 serviced at Jayco Newcastle this time last year for its 1st sevice, 12 months on I thought I would check the wheel bearings ready for the xmas holidays, 1st wheel and hub off I found a split pin rolling around in the dust cover, and the dust cover full of metal dust from the split pin rolling around, by this stage Im a bit cranky, fixed everything a reassembled. Wheel No2 taken off and dust cover removed, the wheel bearing has not been touched, still brand new, no mixing of greases completely untouched, now Im really cranky, you pay to get a service done and the box is ticked for checking and repacking wheel bearings you expect the work to be done, should not have to check the work done by the dealer, it could have been dangerous if a split pin jams the bearing, I will now be servicing the van myself and never would I trust the dodgy work at Jayco Newcastle again.

Greg

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
Your not the only one to have had problems with the service team at Newcastle, trust me if you jump up & down the owner WILL TAKE ACTION, he very much does not like unhappy Jayco owners & is very protective of his brand & will go out of his way to keep you as a happy owner so you come back next time.

Believe me when I say I have nothing to do with Jayco Newcastle, my friends know the dramas & the don't be rude I have had to put up with from both the factory & the service department, I eventually snapped & let the owner & HQ know it.

That's when I got a number of personal phone calls, where he bent over backwards to keep me happy.

I hope you took photos, they are your best friend & it's hard to argue against them.

Greg

May 31, 2012
Blacksmiths NSW
I didn't take any pics I was up to my elbows in grease, I cant say I will go back to them the vans out of warranty, so I will try and do most of the servicing myself.
Greg

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Caravan Repair Centre Lake Macquarie
Unit 5/9 Arnhem Cl Gateshead
Ph 4942 4018 Rob is his name.