16' Series Jayco Expanda Mesh End/Privacy Screen Press Stud Installation

Squirter231

Feb 21, 2015
Melbourne
Hi all! Have just received in the mail a new set of mesh fly/privacy screens for the front and rear on our 2010 16-49-1. The only trouble is it doesn't seem to be accompanied by any paperwork. I don't believe the install will be super challenging, just a little confusing without knowing where to start. Does anyone have instructions or has any one attempted such an install? being a weekend i don't hold much hope of getting a reply from the supplier, and really need to get them installed this weekend as we go away next! they are from campsmart, advertised as being made by Jayco and are a press stud install. Any photos or similar would be greatly appreciated!

Squirter231

Feb 21, 2015
Melbourne
Yeah I searched extensively through that previous post, a lot of talk about fly's not mesh privacy ones though unfortunately...

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I cannot picture in my head the ones you are refering to

is it the standard black mesh privacy screen.........?????
if so, there should be 3press studs across the lid, with 2 on either side
at the bottom of the screen (factory ones) there is a rubber ring (like on a ute tarp) that clips underneath the lid

Expanda_bed_privacy_screen.jpg

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/bed-end-privacy-screen-flys-etc.50/
post 7 - thanks to @chartrock

Reactions: Squirter231

Squirter231

Feb 21, 2015
Melbourne
Yes exactly right, its the black factory ones. they refer to them as privacy screens rather than fly's. i'm trying to track down installation instructions for them, or some detailed photos of how they position the press studs on the lid, bed, and side of van. I thought by doing it myself I would save the $170 extra that Jayco wanted to charge. And also from reading other posts I can take my time and line the studs up properly, unlike the slap happy Jayco installers, who by all accounts work on the close enough is good enough philosophy! haha IMG_3743.jpg

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
have a search, there are many many references to the Bed End Flys

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/new-jayco-bed-end-covers.5313/
At the C & C show yesterday, asked about the new BEFs for the new design lids. Both the BEFs and the Privacy screen are attached using the same set of press studs BEHIND the rubber seal. Salesman showed me how, with the lid up, the press studs would be facing in, horizontal around the inside edge. Make sense to all of you 'new' van owners?
Mine is the old design lid and I still have a copy of the installation instructions for any body that wants them.

Reactions: Squirter231

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
I removed it ages ago. Look back here tomorrow and I will let you know if I still have a copy.
Update:
Looked but don't have a copy anymore. Put out a request on both threads, somebody might still have a copy they can email you. Sorry. Marv

Last edited:
Reactions: archerp