isuzu MU X. Anyone have one?

Mattd

Jul 26, 2015
Victoria
Hi there, need to upgrade the tow tug and have a few in the mix..

Young family into touring and 4wdriving.

Towing a 17.56.2 outback.

Thinking the Isuzu mu x and the new fortuner..

Anyone have the Isuzu and if so, what are they like..

Thanks Mattd.

collinandkerry

Jun 5, 2013
we have a current model Mu-X and Love it. The wife uses for the day to day stuff eg kids school trips and all the associated stuff. we are returning a average of 9 lt. When on a trip we get 7.6 -8.1 with out towing with a full car eg 4 adults and 2 kids. They love the DVD player and it makes a good quite trip...
We recently towed some 400km and returned 10.5lt and didn't even really notice it on the back.. we Tow a 17.58 OB which weighs in at approx. 1800kg empty
The Wife loves it and So do I

Cheers
Collin

Reactions: Mattd

Mattd

Jul 26, 2015
Victoria
we have a current model Mu-X and Love it. The wife uses for the day to day stuff eg kids school trips and all the associated stuff. we are returning a average of 9 lt. When on a trip we get 7.6 -8.1 with out towing with a full car eg 4 adults and 2 kids. They love the DVD player and it makes a good quite trip...
We recently towed some 400km and returned 10.5lt and didn't even really notice it on the back.. we Tow a 17.58 OB which weighs in at approx. 1800kg empty
The Wife loves it and So do I

Cheers
Collin
Thanks for that..

Any issues towing the van, due to lack of kw or Nm?
These figures seem low, but its all in the delivery right..

Mattd

Where to next

Aug 25, 2015
Melbourne
I have one also. Great economy, great bang for your buck. There are two ways to look at it with the Isuzu, old technology or proven technology. I chose to follow the latter concept of proven technology. I tow an expanda 21.64, so towing about 2850kg, does the job well. Comparing to some of the other options out on the market there is a bit less when it comes the extra's and the fuel tank is only 65 litres. I have been told there is a long range fuel tank available for them now though. I give the MUX the tick of approval.

Reactions: Mattd and davemc

collinandkerry

Jun 5, 2013
we have found no real issue with power delivery.. need to remember if you want a fast car buy a racing one, if you want a tow vehicle that will get the job done with no fuss then this is the car. with a proven drive system and build like a truck.
Agree with above statement, but we have found when traveling the Hwy's there are petrol stations everywhere and when going remote we take a jerry can on the front of the Van..
Our kids have named it the comfy car LOL..

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Another question for those with Mux's do you tow in 4wd or leave it in 2wd
Keep looking at the base 4x2 under $35k new.. with the D3 we have only ever done dirt roads so the base 4x2 might cut it.
It all depends on which car we trade.. Me I do not mind cloth seats etc..I think Sarah likes the extra's :)
I just think can easily drop a long range tank in and have change left over.
Really rear vents for cooling be the only thing I like..
Our van is a 22.68 Touring not sure we can take it too far off road anyway.

collinandkerry

Jun 5, 2013
Davemc
We tow in 2wd, and yea the rear vents were the reason we went up in the spec up.. We only reason we landed up with a LS-T and not a Ls-u was we got a ex demo for the same price and the lower spec, so wasent going to say No..

collinandkerry

Jun 5, 2013
sorry davemc
not sure what you mean by speech read
we have not really used the nav a great deal but can check tomorrow morning if I know exactly what you mean Sorry

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Checked today No spoken street names but it tell you to turn in X mtrs
thanks mate. hopefully take one for a drive tomorrow and a Fortuna.. Already have TomTom on the phone.
Have you added a caravan camera? Thinking just get the Safety Dave like we have in the Disco.
Still thinking do I need to spend $8k more on a 4x4 or $12k more for leather, sat nav 4x4.

Mattd

Jul 26, 2015
Victoria
Thanks for the responses. Waiting to drive a Fortuna in the coming days, but the mu x is looking good. Dropped in to ARB for a quote on some goodies, like a larger tank. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again..

Reactions: davemc