Is it worth paying for a slide out?

JaycoQ

Jan 7, 2013
Highton, Geelong, Vic
Have ordered the new 20.63 Expanda and have just discovered it's available as a slide out.
Funny enough Jayco didn't know, the girl that picked up the phone asked questions and passed it back the dealer, who then managed to speak to someone in production.
Is the $2500 worth it and are people willing to pay a premium on the 2nd hand market.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Hi JaycoQ,
Im also looking at that 20.63. The biggest plus for me is that huge U shaped lounge area compared the 17.52-2 im also looking at. The point being it is already a huge lounge area, and the area opposite where the lounge would slide out is the side cupboard and doorway so not an area you tend to need more space....
In some other vans, the slide out is opposite the kitchen giving you more working space, or the bed area so you can walk around the bed more comfortably so then I definitely see the value.
Im not really sure in this particular case that it adds $2500 value.
Just my 2c

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
We have a slide-out on our 18.57.7 and love it, absolutely.
But as Soaring points out it's opposite the kitchen bench return / sink area and really does create spacious living area with no squeezing past anyone. If the 20.63 suits you in all other respects and you've got enough space without tripping over feet as seems from floor plan, maybe that $2500 could be better invested (solar panels, extra battery, etc.). That said will always attract premium on S/H market. Saw a bunch of the new Stirlings at Prestige Jayco a few weeks back and all had slide-outs.

JaycoQ

Jan 7, 2013
Highton, Geelong, Vic
We have a slide-out on our 18.57.7 and love it, absolutely.
But as Soaring points out it's opposite the kitchen bench return / sink area and really does create spacious living area with no squeezing past anyone. If the 20.63 suits you in all other respects and you've got enough space without tripping over feet as seems from floor plan, maybe that $2500 could be better invested (solar panels, extra battery, etc.). That said will always attract premium on S/H market. Saw a bunch of the new Stirlings at Prestige Jayco a few weeks back and all had slide-outs.

Thanks for the feedback, yes am inclined to give the slide out a miss, I thought it would also give a little more room getting out of bed, the 17.56 we just sold had a similar entry to the bed.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Slide out = gadget = Toy. Me for sure couldnt help myself!

Seriously I think there good, only concern is leaking but I think there past that. Resale like any extra don't necessarily add $ but help sell it.