Internal/external speakers

Discovery

May 19, 2013
Perth Wa
Hiya guys
i hope someone can help here. We are new to the caravan scene and just collected our new Expanda 20.63-1 OB and very happy n looking forward to getting out there.
we have opted for internal and external speakers and external tv mount , however, I have brought a 12v tv and connected it up but I can't get the speakers to operate via the red and white RCA cables which are fitted near both tv points.can anyone help here. I know the tv is only for rainy days but just want it working ready for those occassions.
Thanks guys and I look forward to your responses.

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
are you sure they are not for dvd player and not speakers our last van was that way only for dvd

Discovery

May 19, 2013
Perth Wa
Hey brotys
the tv does have a DVD built in but it sounds like you mean a seperate DVD unit. I am not sure if that is what the RCA cables are for. The only way which I have got sound from tv through internal and external speakers was by connecting a earphone jack from CD player in van to the earphone socket on the tv. This works fine inside but when we take the tv outside there is a big distance from the tv to the CD player. You could be right though just means taking tv and DVD unit outside if we want to use the external sound system.
thank you for your response mate.

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
no worries other wise give jayco a call . have you checked the radio i van is not a dvd player built in

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Are you sure there is not another set of speaker cables sitting near the RCA cables?
In my van the RCA cables allows me to connect a DVD player inside the van to an external point where you can plug the external TV to. I then have a second set of actual speaker cables that I had to connect separately.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I can't get our tv to work through the stereo without a high pitched noise coming through. The sound out of the LCD tv's is very ordinary (tinny) and I've been wondering how to improve for the NRL grand final on the October long weekend. Yesterday I plugged an old/unused pair of computer speakers into the earphone socket of the telly and then plugged the speakers into 240v and hey presto.....an amplified decent sounding speaker.....happy days :D. I will check the output voltage from the inbuilt transformer, hoping its 12v so can then attach a lighter socket lead!

Pumkinhead

Jul 27, 2012
Nowra NSW
If its like my TV the red & white plug is for audio in only. The TV has a different plug for audio out and you may need to purchase an adaptor.

Roadkill

Mar 24, 2013
SA
Just check that you are plugging the RCA plugs in the "audio out" on the TV. During our handover, the salesperson couldn't get the audio to work through the stereo. I wasn't too concerned about it at the time. But anyway, the reason it wasn't working was she had plugged them into the "audio in" . Sphere 18".

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Ours is a 22" sphere, we have a audio cable (red/white) which comes from the stereo. The only place I can see to connect is into the headphone socked with the adaptor supplied, everything else is inputs.

Roadkill

Mar 24, 2013
SA
I was trying to hunt down the specs/pictures on your tv Burnsy, without success so far. Anyway the audio out on the 18" is near the power in on the Tv at the bottom. Audio in/headphones/antenna are on the left side. I'd think using the headphones as the output from the tv would overdrive the stereo aux input. Good luck with the work around.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I was trying to hunt down the specs/pictures on your tv Burnsy, without success so far. Anyway the audio out on the 18" is near the power in on the Tv at the bottom. Audio in/headphones/antenna are on the left side. I'd think using the headphones as the output from the tv would overdrive the stereo aux input. Good luck with the work around.
Thanks mate, I'll have another look later.

MastoCamper

Feb 22, 2013
Footscray
Hi @Burnsy ,
have you checked that the Audio cables (Red & White) have not been plugged into the stereos output instead of the input? that would result in the feedback (high pitched noise) your getting,

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
I had the same issue. The cable that jayco installed and connected to the head unit was plugged in to a rear connection on the head unit that is for a remote control for a cd stacker, it uses a 3.5mm headphone socket but it is NOT an aux input. The only aux input on that stereo is on the front.

My guess is that jayco saw the 3.5mm socket on the back and ASSUMED it was an auxiliary input but we all know about assumptions right?