16' Series Instant gas hot water - Country Comfort

Mathew

Jul 4, 2017
Grafton
anyone installed an instant gas hot water (country comfort) on a 16.49.3 outback hard lid?
Where did you install?
Permanant of removable?
Photos please if you have to help me out.
It's our first family caravan so we are setting up to get out of caravan parks.

Where to next

Aug 25, 2015
Melbourne
Hi Mathew,

I recently added one to my van. I already had a HWS on board but wanted something for when we free camp, so I can have showers for as long as I want using river water. I teed into the plumbing work under the van for the shower in the van. I do not have a Country Comfort brand but I think they are all quite similar.

You need to have 1 meter clearance around the unit so permanently mounting it to the van would be impossible to keep that clearance. I have mine temporarily mounted at the front of the van so I could make use of the bayonet point that was already there. I added another jockey wheel bracket to the drawer bar where I fix a pole to and mount the HWS to.

I would suggest that you will need to get a decent size collapsible container to store the water in if you want to use it for an outdoor shower. At a flow rate of 2 litres per minute they will increase the water temp by about 30 degrees. The more you increase the water flow the less it will increase the temperature. By having a larger water storage you can the circulate the water to increase the temperature of the water. By doing this you can increase the water flow if needed. 2 litres per minute is OK for a shower as a guy with bugger all hair, you would want it quicker for the better half for washing hair.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: PhilW