16' Series info please

Jenbruce

Oct 20, 2017
Medowie
Hi,
I'm new on here so please forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question,
We are currently looking for a 2012 Expanda with bunks, what i'd like to know
is what are the standard features that come with these models so i know when i see a second hand one and they have all these things listed i can work out what's standard and whats not,like is there an
external shower,speakers on the outside,i have googled and it always goes to
the 2017 model and that is just way out of our price range,any feedback on these
models would also be appreciated. Thanks

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Welcome. Typically I would think the following are non standard fitment
External shower
Second water tank
Second gas bottle which is usually included with the external shower
Extended draw bar
Off road hitch
TV antenna
TV
Bike rack
Roof mounted AC
External drop down table
HWS
Radio

If the van you are looking at has an internal shower then possibly the second water tank, HWS and second gas bottle may be standard

Reactions: Bluey and relgate

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Welcome @Jenbruce, I would suspect that the 2012 models level of equipment and features would be very close to the current models across the Expanda range. One glaring difference would be suspension which post 2013 outback model suspension is the very heavy expensive J-Tech suspension, prior to that was outback suspension was the adequate leaf spring suspension. Non Outback models there's been no change in suspension. Not sure when innerspring mattresses became standard ... from experience somewhere between 2009 and 2014. Grill/hotplate is std, full oven is an option.

When you find something, jump on here.

dirtdiggler

Sep 6, 2016
Perth
I have a 2013 model with internal shower and zero factory options Two water tanks and two gas bottles is standard, as is the budget tv antenna (not the wind up one).

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
I am interested in the innerspring mattress. I missed out on this and wonder if the beds sizes changed from 2008 to when they introduced innerspring. I must admit that I do not mind sleeping on mine but just wondered? I have a 16-49-1