Electrical I have power to inverter but not to the battery on off switch in jayco expanda18.57-6

Chaser

Sep 3, 2013
So just to let you all know, the mod to the battery management system worked a treat!! although seems that other things are giving up as hot water system now only gets luke warm on 240v and on gas take 4-5 restarts to get going and then will not keep it hot? microwave start button died and I think the seal on the toilet has had better days as it sprung a leak!
Still much fun had on the trip to Vic and back and a new site explored just 9 yr old van is showing its age! Or at least the internal parts are, I did have to remind the home boss that it was our 105th trip in the van! ;)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Toilet seals need a mild fresh water scrub then a squirt with olive oil, every other dump, don't use anything else ... I always carry a spare seal, found at BCF usually.

If HWS not hot on 240 or gas then its not the element, possibly the thermo, check connections and that bugs haven't set up house in burner.... mines 11 years old just change the anode out every so often and leave the 240 switch on unit on all the time, turn on/off at power point, the little switch can break...

If you love puzzles then often removing the microwave can be a doozy of a puzzle, in some vans I'm sure they started the build around the micro wave.

Chaser

Sep 3, 2013
Toilet seals need a mild fresh water scrub then a squirt with olive oil, every other dump, don't use anything else ... I always carry a spare seal, found at BCF usually.

If HWS not hot on 240 or gas then its not the element, possibly the thermo, check connections and that bugs haven't set up house in burner.... mines 11 years old just change the anode out every so often and leave the 240 switch on unit on all the time, turn on/off at power point, the little switch can break...

If you love puzzles then often removing the microwave can be a doozy of a puzzle, in some vans I'm sure they started the build around the micro wave.
@Drover thank mate, I have always changed the anode every year, and no bugs gave it a clean out as home boss was wanting a shower! Gets hot on gas but once using it doesn’t reheat for next person?
have changed microwave before as first once I replaced under warranty after a couple of months.
I will have a look in Bcf for the seal

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Does sound like thermostat if the burner doesn't refire up after about half tank used, could be why it takes a couple of goes, unless the reg on bottle is near clagged, number of things but sometimes its a hands on fix as A leads to B but sometimes it can mean we jump to D sort of thing.... I'll see if I can find a good link I once had...

The Thunder Can seals can leak because of age, small object between can seal and housing often paper or the seal can get scored by sand or something, giving the section where the seal seats on the compartment often needs a check to make sure no sand or stuff is there, I have a small brush and give the can seal and seal seat a quick tizz every so often, this brush is small enough to fit in an empty Napisan bottle, I just use pressure pack olive oil, quick spray every so often, seal change is easy enough to do, always carry a spare then it won't break....