Old & Moved Honda 1kva

Wilko

Dec 20, 2012
Parkes NSW
IMG-20121222-00306.jpgIMG-20121222-00309.jpgIMG-20121222-00311.jpgIve got a Honda 1kva generator for sale, Its basically as new, Ive used it twice in 3 years whilst camping and bout once a month for 30 mins to keep everything lubricated. Its unmarked and would suit a new buyer. Ive changed the oil 3 times and replaced it with genuine honda oil.

$800

Cheers Wilko

Wilko

Dec 20, 2012
Parkes NSW
I got a Discovery outback on the way and am selling my Cub camper, The 1kva wont run the AC, I'm looking to get a 2kva model (or maybe another brand). The Honda's been good starts every time.

Wilko

Dec 20, 2012
Parkes NSW
I did the maths and a 2kva wouldnt run it, I'd need to go a 2.8 or 3kva to give me enough power, Am looking a a tomahawk 4.4kva for $635

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Hey [MENTION=2451]Wilko[/MENTION] I bought one of these from these guys http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Fuji...U_Hardware&hash=item43b0c0512e#ht_4679wt_1369 and so far so good, the last Bush camping trip the Guys, with cans in hand, stood around the genny and watched the digital readout while I loaded it up, one appliance at a time, We got the TV, Aircon and the microwave going easy then plugged in the kettle and it tripped out. I tend to think that If I was going to use it all day every day I'd spend the bucks and buy a big brand name, but since its an every now and then thing the cheap one will do and this one hasn't let me down.....yet!
Cheers Grant

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
Hey [MENTION=2451]Wilko[/MENTION] I bought one of these from these guys http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Fuji...U_Hardware&hash=item43b0c0512e#ht_4679wt_1369 and so far so good, the last Bush camping trip the Guys, with cans in hand, stood around the genny and watched the digital readout while I loaded it up, one appliance at a time, We got the TV, Aircon and the microwave going easy then plugged in the kettle and it tripped out. I tend to think that If I was going to use it all day every day I'd spend the bucks and buy a big brand name, but since its an every now and then thing the cheap one will do and this one hasn't let me down.....yet!
Cheers Grant

Hi Capt, how in the genie going? very interested to know if your still happy with it?
How long is the run time in normal and econcomy modes
& is it very noisy?

Capt. Gadget

Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Hi xpanda It's going great, had a bit of an issue when I went to run it the other day with it idling like a Harley (Rough as Guts), but all it was was a case of a bit of a gummed up Carby . I Drained the tank, stripped down and cleaned the carby put in some fresh fuel and it's running all sweet again. People keep telling me not to leave fuel in machines standing for too long, might take some heed now as it took me a couple of hours to sort it out. Haven't really taken any notice of run times for a full tank of juice yet seems we only have it running long enough to either thaw out something in the Microwave or top up the Batteries for an hour or so, But there is a digital run time clock on the side of it so while we are away in July I'll make a point of taking a few notes down. The Remote control is the best thing, we just have it sitting on the shelf by the door so when you need power you just hit the button and away she goes.

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
Hi xpanda It's going great, had a bit of an issue when I went to run it the other day with it idling like a Harley (Rough as Guts), but all it was was a case of a bit of a gummed up Carby . I Drained the tank, stripped down and cleaned the carby put in some fresh fuel and it's running all sweet again. People keep telling me not to leave fuel in machines standing for too long, might take some heed now as it took me a couple of hours to sort it out. Haven't really taken any notice of run times for a full tank of juice yet seems we only have it running long enough to either thaw out something in the Microwave or top up the Batteries for an hour or so, But there is a digital run time clock on the side of it so while we are away in July I'll make a point of taking a few notes down. The Remote control is the best thing, we just have it sitting on the shelf by the door so when you need power you just hit the button and away she goes.[/quot

Sounds like a good unit at a great price, what make and model ? as there were a few different ones on the link

Capt. Gadget

Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
XG SF 3700 It was this model here but I didnt pay anywhere near that price I'm sure it was around $600 but that was about a year ago now

Just found it in my Ebay history it was $540 but seems the seller is no longer selling stuff on ebay they were called adventurers corner

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
XG SF 3700 It was this model here but I didnt pay anywhere near that price I'm sure it was around $600 but that was about a year ago now

Just found it in my Ebay history it was $540 but seems the seller is no longer selling stuff on ebay they were called adventurers corner

Thanks Capt, I see the run time is listed as 6hrs, will be very interested to hear how long you get to a tank