Home Valley Station not opening for 2022

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
So I'm pretty disappointed to have received an email this afternoon detailing the above mentioned closure

"Dear Home Valley Guest,

After much consideration and consultation, Balanggarra Ventures has decided not to open Home Valley for the 2022 season due to concerns around COVID-19.

We are very disappointed we will not be able to host you on our Country this year, but opening this season presents an unacceptable risk to the health of our staff, their families and the broader East Kimberley community.

Balanggarra Ventures is also concerned about the complexities of managing any potential outbreak and the risk this could pose to our guests. We take your safety seriously and believe that closing for the season is the most responsible action to take.

We have contacted you at the earliest opportunity in the hope that any disruption to you and your travel plans might be minimised.

We sincerely apologise for this inconvenience, but please understand that the health of our community and our guests must be our highest priority.

Balanggarra Ventures will automatically hold your current booking as a credit, which can be used anytime in the next two years. We will let you know when bookings are open for next year so that you might use this credit.

If you would prefer a full refund, please contact us at Refunds2022@balanggarra.com.au and one will be processed within 10 days.

We really look forward to hosting our guests at Home Valley from 2023 onwards, and hope we have the opportunity to share our Culture and show you our Country in the future.

Kind regards

Balanggarra Ventures"

Pretty disappointing that after 2 years, it seems WA is still stuck in 2020 with the covid measures it has in place regarding contact tracing and close contact/exposure site isolations.
Its going to limit that states ability to operate properly.

• Sad
Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My Wait Awhile mate reckons the news and government portray the eastern states as Zombie Zones with people in the streets dying of covid, so I dont doubt some a scared....

Reactions: Brente1982

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
My Wait Awhile mate reckons the news and government portray the eastern states as Zombie Zones with people in the streets dying of covid, so I dont doubt some a scared....
Yeah my mates over there were the same. Believed everything they were fed by the government. It's interesting listening to their mindset change slowly now though. All I do is say "I told you so"

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yet in QLD they are throwing the gates open to everyone.

Wait Awhile mate said if it gets a run in WA he's sure the WA givernment will show the Vics how its done, dig hole in front lawn and go from there......:D:D:D...

Last edited:

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
Ok El Questro is open for 2022. Here was uncertainty of they'd open due to the ongoing fiasco with the WA border and the staff shortages etc
But now that there's a date it should be fine