Home at last!

Apr 18, 2013
Moranbah
Well I finally got home today after a night at the Dingo caravan park and a walk down the pub for dinner and meet some of the locals (friendly hard case bunch) Set the van up in the back yard and have been cutting to size anti slip rubber liners for all the cupboards. Have to take the van back to Bundaberg for its first warranty repairs as soon as the factory manufacture all new bench tops as they put the wrong laminex colour in it they installed a grey bench top instead of Amara. They are also sending a new mattress for the top fixed bunk as they put a split cushion type mattress up there instead of a one piece. All going well so far with every thing else working fine. Highly impressed with the alko ESC as it was wet with a bit of wind and plenty of big trucks zooming by very closely and the van was rock solid on the road.

Apr 18, 2013
Moranbah
image.jpg

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Congrates on the arrival of the new van, thats a big stuff up putting wrong benches in,I probably wouldn't have even taken delivery, or seek some sort of major compensation, there's no excuse for that sort of thing.

Apr 18, 2013
Moranbah
Waited for 4 months now van was late on delivery had to wait for annex to be fitted, they also mounted the drifter control panel and Hot water switch in the wrong location (dealer fixed that). Have from the 4th-28th of July off work to head up north, didn't want to be without a van and it is going to take the factory another 4 weeks to make tops bench tops. O well will just have to drop it off back in Bundy and cruise on down to Frazer island for a couple of days adventuring in the 4x4 whilst the van gets repaired.

Congrates on the arrival of the new van, thats a big stuff up putting wrong benches in,I probably wouldn't have even taken delivery, or seek some sort of major compensation, there's no excuse for that sort of thing.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Waited for 4 months now van was late on delivery had to wait for annex to be fitted, they also mounted the drifter control panel and Hot water switch in the wrong location (dealer fixed that). Have from the 4th-28th of July off work to head up north, didn't want to be without a van and it is going to take the factory another 4 weeks to make tops bench tops. O well will just have to drop it off back in Bundy and cruise on down to Frazer island for a couple of days adventuring in the 4x4 whilst the van gets repaired.
Congrats on the van. Some pretty big stuff ups but they will fix it like they always do. I am surprised also that they have to make up bench tops. I would have thought that the factory would have had all that in stock .