17' Series Holes in bed end canvas

darcy305

Jul 24, 2011
Meadow Heights
Hi All,
Hope everyone had a good Christmas and happy new year. We are currently enjoying our last few days @ big 4 Renmark. What a great park for the kids have hardly seen them except when they need to be feed or watered!!! My issuse is we have 2 small holes on our rear bed end.
2016-01-15 14.09.58.jpg

2016-01-15 14.09.20.jpg
They werent when packed up after our last trip we folded them exaclty the same as previous times. Has anybody else had this issue?? Also the rear end canvas seems a bad fit compared to the front end it sags badly.

Thanks again safe travels

Attachments

• 2016-01-15 14.09.58.jpg
    2016-01-15 14.09.58.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 180

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
It has obviously had something like a screw head rubbing on it. Can you check both under where it would sit when folded and also whatever fits above it when folded down. Maybe a screw or something has come loose and is higher than it should be or is it possible someone left a toy or similar in the corner before folding up?

It should be fairly easily repaired by vinyl repair company.

darcy305

Jul 24, 2011
Meadow Heights
Definitely nothing there like a toy when i unfolded the ends no screws or anything else i can see that should intefere when folding up end

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Could have been a gumnut which has run away when you opened it up, double check for other things that could be abrasive, mine has a similar wear point, I think it all depends how things went went folded up, my suggestion is just put a dob of silastic over the hole with a wet finger, both sides, not a great bulbous lump a nicely smoothed off bit, using a wetfinger will ensure a smooth surface...sorry to say genuine Spit is way better than water, so make sure the golly gland is well primed........it's not serious enough to go to the extreme of removing for a repair though a pool patch would do the job I suppose.
Though I would be suss about those plastic corners ???????????? they would be a hard point against vinyl/canvas........ maybe try the old chalk or crayon on that corner thing and see where it marks when you fold it up, it may have a hard point sometimes when closed up. The canvas doesn't lay the same way all the time.........they might need to be chucked........sometimes designers don't get it right....( that should be most times I think)

Reactions: Delano and bigcol

kozza

Jun 14, 2015
Melbourne
I have found that the canvas doesn't follow the curved support bar very well - the radius on the canvas corners are a lot smaller than the bar and both front and back look like they're sagging.

vince

Jun 19, 2015
geelong
Gday i have the same problem with mine , its caused by the bracket on the bottom where the hole is in the vinyl and when the bed is closed it rubs during transit on the top , i spoke to jayco in geelong about it and they are going to put a new tent on the rear and relocate support bracket , will wait and see when the new part arrives , good luck with yours but mine is being replaced under warranty , so should yours , starting to sound like a design fault

Reactions: Delano and Drover

darcy305

Jul 24, 2011
Meadow Heights
Thanks for that @vince i was thinking i had folded it up wrong, but we have had other Expandas & camper trailers before our 2015 model and have never done anything like that previously. It is on the list for warranty work to be done at our first service due shortly.

vince

Jun 19, 2015
geelong
Gday just make sure they replace the whole tent on that end and not repair it , i had another issue with ours and was told it would be replaced and when i picked it up they had reshaped it with a file , not a happy camper but its being replaced with a new unit now and a new a/c cowling after it was laying on the floor in pieces when we got home from being away and that was only traveling on bitumen , far from happy that day , good luck with yours and happy traveling

Reactions: Drover