16' Series Help needed with fuse box expanda 2012

Nathan Tidy

Aug 16, 2017
Millicent SA
can anyone help out pulled my fuse box out today and noticed that the wire from the isolator switch was off. where does this go on the transformer ?????

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
is it the ST or the ST II unit?

Attachments

• ST Series User Manual.pdf
    38.8 KB · Views: 511
  • ST-II User Manual.pdf
    200.7 KB · Views: 755

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
By isolator do you mean the battery switch ???

Thats a crap copy of the manual @bigcol , http://www.setec.com.au/pdf/ST-Series-User-Manual.pdf
Hi @Drover,
as far as I can see, the ST35 II does not support a battery isolation switch. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If that is the case and it is a battery isolation switch it could be a switch wired in series between the Setec and the battery.
But without more information or a picture of what the OP wrote about, I am only guessing

cheers
Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Nathan Tidy

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Wouldn't have a clue @mikerezny , only know of a battery switch to disconnect battery from setek and it was just a light switch, only isolation switch I know about........

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Wouldn't have a clue @mikerezny , only know of a battery switch to disconnect battery from setek and it was just a light switch, only isolation switch I know about........
Hi @Drover,
the mystery deepens. Do you happen to know what model Setec it is/was?

I have a ST20 III and it has a connection for a remote isolation switch but it doesn't look like the MK II versions have it.

One way to tell is that the MK II has only 5 fuses for connecting to loads and the MK III has 8.
Also the MK III has three leds on the front: green for 240V power, yellow for battery connected, and red for fault. The earlier versions only had one red fault led.

cheers
Mike

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi @Drover and @bigcol,
sorry to be pedantic. But there are THREE models setec units. The manuals you are posting are only for the first series.
ST20 and ST35:
These instructions detail the installation and operation requirements for the ST20 & ST35 power supplies.

Then there are the ST20 II and ST35 II that bigcol also attached in his first post:
These instructions detail the installation and operation requirements for the ST20-II & ST35-II power supplies.

Both of these models have only one RED led on the front panel and 5 fuses for loads.

Then there are the ST20 III and ST35 III:
These instructions detail the installation and operation requirements for the ST20-III & ST35-III power supplies.

This series has 8 load fuses and three front panel leds: green, yellow, and red.
Here is the manual for the series III Setec:

:bolt::bolt::bolt::behindsofa:

cheers
Mike

Attachments

• 023942-ST-III-User-Manual-D.pdf
    223 KB · Views: 244
Last edited: