Help locating switch supplier

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
Hi
I have been having problems with the light mounted in the door handle on the outside of my 14.44. It has been intermittent for a while so today i decided to see what was going on. As expected the switch is the culprit so now i need to find a replacement. The switch is made by Judco Manufacturing in the US and you can see the specs in the diagram below. The only place i can find to buy it from is Digi-Key, they have them for around $2 which is great. Unfortunately they want $35 to deliver it :o . Any ideas on a local source would be most appreciated.

spec.png

switch.JPG

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Hi @boots33,
I would try Jayco, Camec or Jaycar if they are in your area.
They might not have the same brand but may have a different one that will fit?

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi,
Are you located in Sydney? There are some component suppliers who may have the switch. Can you take an up close photo and I will see if I can find one.
Cheers
Nick

icetechaus

Nov 21, 2012
I would try jaycar or prime electronics down there. You just need a 1 amp push button switch.

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
The closest thing Jaycar has is this bed-lamp switch. Prime don't show pictures for all their switches online so will try and visit them this weekend. So far have checked Camec, Element 14, RS electronics, Altronics and Jaycar. Have yet to try the Brissy Jayco dealer, they will probably want to supply the complete light though . At this stage the Jaycar switch might be the go...... with a little bit of help :)

@DaveS any ideas

icetechaus

Nov 21, 2012
The bed lamp switch will work however it is not a sealed switch, so I would make sure that you sealed the outside with something to stop water ingress otherwise it may not last very long.
I just rang Brisbane Camperland and they stock the correct part for about $12.95. If you have a dealer in your area it may save a bit of stuffing around.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It actually looks very much like the switch in a Dolphin Torch, I used one once to replace a broken switch worked a treat. When I get home I'll have to check it out.