HELP!! hot water question

Macpower

Nov 10, 2013
Hi All, just another query about the hot water service. We picked up our 18.57-6 OB last weekend and are about to head out on our first weekend in it. Yay!!

We have had the hot water turned on (electric) for over an hour and can only get lukewarm water out of the sink and shower taps, but if you go outside and release some water directly out of HWS it is too hot to hold your hand under. At this point I wouldn't even be able to wash up with it, let alone use the shower as no where near hot enough.

If anyone can steer me in the right direction or shed some light on the matter, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
Close to the HWS there is a mixer valve that prevents the HWS from delivering scalding water to the taps, this valve has the hot water from the tank going in one side & cold water the other plus an outlet, you will also find a tap/ dial on it turn this in the opposite direction & you should immediately get hot water at your taps.

Your HWS is fine & gas won't make a difference as it's producing hot water when you check via the HWS pressure valve.

Reactions: blacky

Macpower

Nov 10, 2013
Thanks @CJ1177. I remember reading about that somewhere now. Probably this fabulous forum!! Just to clarify, where exactly is the mixer valve? In the HWS itself or under the van somewhere??

Macpower

Nov 10, 2013
Great thanks @CJ1177 and @twscoot. I went outside to have a look before the link went up and I couldn't find anything under the seat near HWS so went out and looked directly under the van under HWS and found a red "tap" that looked like it was coming from the HWS and the water tank. It didn't look like the photo though. Will have to have a better look in the daylight hours. Thanks for all your help.

Macpower

Nov 10, 2013
Well we are currently away in the van for the first time and having a great time. Super happy with the van. Just wanted to update regarding the hot water. Got under the van and found the valve. Popped the red cover off and turned it as far as it would go with an Allen key. Bingo, hot water from all taps. Thanks to everyone for your guidance.