Hello

Micod

Mar 30, 2011
We have recently ordered our 17.56.1 and are looking forward to delivery. I have a question in relation to the B2200 pop top roof air con. What is the general opioion of this unit please from people that have one? Is it very effective in cooling, is it noisey, relaiable etc??? Thankyou.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Welcome to the forum. Can't help with the aircon question, but i'm sure others can.

Love they layout of that model! Should be worth the wait.

Doogle

Mar 18, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
Welcome Micod....join the waiting club for the 17.56-1 :)
I am also interested in the feedback about the B2200 as we added this option (from the wall-mounted Herron model).

Dave

Sinko

Mar 21, 2011
Victoria
We are waiting on 17.56.1 too and also optioned the roof air, among other things! Still waiting to confirm delivery date though.

Sinko

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi all, I have the Dometic B2200S in my 17.56.2 which is the one they put in.....

The cooling is great in the 40+ days it still cooled the van.

The only issue is the cool air does not reach the rear bed end well as there is such a small opening.

I found on the 40+ days I had to lye on a bunk bed or front bed to get the cool air but shutting the rear curtain assisted.

I still prefer it over the standard Heron units but a bit more power would go a long way.

The heating is just a fan and element unit, its quite affective but its not actual air con heating. Just takes a bit longer to heat the room up.

The unit is quite noisy but you can set it on low and time it turn of when needed which was good in cooling the van whilst you slept and shuts down automatically.

I really like the unit, I had a Heron 2.2 in my old van and this thing with its quirks leave it for dead!

Ohhh and it has a remote so need to reach up and press buttons. :)

Sinko

Mar 21, 2011
Victoria
Thanks Expanda. I reckon we made the right choice. Still haven't heard from the dealer as to delivery date yet, I must call him again!!

Sinko

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Gday Sinko not sure how familiar you are with the order process so thought I fill in the blanks. :)

Apologies if you already know all this! :D

So they should be able to tell you a couple things...

1) Your production build / run number
2) The build / run number expected date offline

Each model Jayco should have a run listed in the Jayco system and they allocate anywhere from 15 - 40 vans of the same the build in one build run. This run gets entered into the system and once full they plan another one and so on. The dealers all have access to this and can tell you from the click of a button how many vans are already ordered in a run and how spots are left in the run before being full This helps if you are still deciding you can see if you don't but money down straight away you may miss out etc.

If they can't give you build / run number this means the run is not in the system yet which means the Jayco factory planning department has not allocated a run to that particular model.

Don't panic though if this is the case as the factory planning team often communicate a run which is not in the system to dealers if there is a high enquiry rate and or fill up rate for a particular model. The dealers then lock this in prior to the run being in the system. This is what happened with us last year.

They do this for all models continually and often have two runs for non outback and two for outback etc so the dealer should be able to tell you which run you are on and they should be able to tell you the expected completion date. :cool:

This usually varies by a couple of days at most, in two vans it only slipped one day. From then once the build is complete your van get sent to dispatch and gets sent to your home location. From Melbourne to Sydney mine is usually here in 4 days. Offline on Tuesday in the Sydney yard late Friday. Pickup was a week later :).

Either way they should be able to let you know as per the above.

Now the waiting game ensues!

Good luck!