16' Series Height of annex wall

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
Hi everyone.
I have a 2013 16.49-3 road van. I have an opportunity to get a cheap annex but I need to know the height of the awning at the van. Where mine is stored I can not open the roof so I am hoping someone knows without me dragging van out.
Anyone had to measure to order a annex or have height for some other reason.

The annex long wall is 1.85m and the high point on the side wall (next to van) is 2.4m
thanks

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G'day @Vere, I don't know for sure on a particular van but, if it is a pop top, I would just take the height of side being the height of the pivot point pf the horizontal bar at each end of the awning as, if the bar is horizontal, the awning barrel will be the same height so this would be the height of the awning.

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-19_20-40-22.png
    upload_2017-2-19_20-40-22.png
    1,014.3 KB · Views: 258
Reactions: dagree and Dobbie

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
G'day @Vere, I don't know for sure on a particular van but, if it is a pop top, I would just take the height of side being the height of the pivot point pf the horizontal bar at each end of the awning as, if the bar is horizontal, the awning barrel will be the same height so this would be the height of the awning.

Hi Chartrock,
thanks for replying, The annex wall height is not such a big issue as you have some adjustment in the height you put your roller to match wall height. What concerns me is the height of the awning at the van after you raise the roof. This can not be altered or adjusted.

Reactions: chartrock

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
OK @Vere now I understand what you are after, and I am afraid I cannot help as each van could have a different tent height when the roof is raised. As you have asked, maybe someone with the same model may be able to help. Even so, the annexe should have a skirt at the bottom which would allow a small tolerance of height. I hope someone can help. :cheerful:

Reactions: dagree