Hayman Reese towbar on a 120 Prado.

Herbertclan

Mar 6, 2016
Perth
Hi everyone.

I'm in the throws of wanting to go from the factory cast tow hitch to the Hayman Reese towbar ( the one that looks like a real towbar ). The issue I have is the factory cut out Toyota did looks crap and I want to fit a new bar along with the 150 Prado tow hitch cover thingy to neaten it up.

Does anyone have a HR towbar on a 120 that would mind posting a picture of it? Just so I can get an idea of where it sits in relation to the factory hitch's old position and whether I'm going to have an ugly hole left from the factory hitch.

Cheers Max,

Reactions: bigcol

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Towbar.jpg
Not a 100% hide of the original cutout but near enough!

Alan

Feb 3, 2012
Altona Vic
Hi everyone.

I'm in the throws of wanting to go from the factory cast tow hitch to the Hayman Reese towbar ( the one that looks like a real towbar ). The issue I have is the factory cut out Toyota did looks crap and I want to fit a new bar along with the 150 Prado tow hitch cover thingy to neaten it up.

Does anyone have a HR towbar on a 120 that would mind posting a picture of it? Just so I can get an idea of where it sits in relation to the factory hitch's old position and whether I'm going to have an ugly hole left from the factory hitch.

Cheers Max,
just for interest I just put a bar on my 150. advanced tow bars have an ATR bar that fits under the trim, no need for the boot ( rated to 3 tonnes ). Great fitting job, Anderson plug as well and run a heavier wire for the van breaks. Neat job, all wires in flex cond
Hi everyone.

Cheers Max,
Just for info, Advanced Tow Bars do a BTA bar that fits under the trim, no need for the ugly boot.