17' Series Greetings All

Geoff

Mar 29, 2012
Ipswich, QLD
greetings All
I am a regular reader (or is that stalker) on various forums and decided that this site is one that suits best.
I have a 17.56.2 delivered April 2010, just 4 days before our central Aust trip. Van was promised for Jan delivery but worth the wait.
No option but to pack and hope for the best. Arrived home after 8,000kms with only a couple of slight problems easily resolved.
This is our third van after 2 windsors, includng a tandem axle rapid. Love the ensuite of the 17.56.2.
Van is perfect for us for travel and for holidays with grandchildren.
I sold my patrol GUiii and now tow with a awd territory.
Amazing experience and knowledge and hope I can contribute something as well.
Hope to meet on the road - happy hour - sometime. happy travels all.

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Welcome Geoff. This is a great site but you better put a lock on your credit card..lol Some of the extras these guys have put on their vans you will want with a passion..Where do you stop? Jenny:tea:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome Geoff. Glad you chose this site above the rest. How about posting some pictures of your centre trip?

We will be out your way this weekend at Lake Dyer if you are looking for some place to go.

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
Welcome Geoff, always room for another cane toad on the forum :) How have you found the finish on the expanda compared to the windsors. We were looking at the rapids but they didn't' have a layout as good as the jayco in the size we were after.

Geoff

Mar 29, 2012
Ipswich, QLD
Thanks for the welcome all.
I will post some pics when I work out how it all works.
We frequent north nsw between Fingal Head and South West Rocks and try a longer trip once a year.

Boots33, the finish internally is about the same as the rapid but the rapid has much better bed ends. Bench space in both is a bit tight. I have fitted a folding shelf next to the sink for temp space during meal prep or wash up.
Layout is better in the panda and the flat external panels are easier to clean and I prefer the look.

Geoff

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Thanks for the welcome all.
I will post some pics when I work out how it all works.
We frequent north nsw between Fingal Head and South West Rocks and try a longer trip once a year.

Boots33, the finish internally is about the same as the rapid but the rapid has much better bed ends. Bench space in both is a bit tight. I have fitted a folding shelf next to the sink for temp space during meal prep or wash up.
Layout is better in the panda and the flat external panels are easier to clean and I prefer the look.

Geoff

gday geoff and welcome to the forum, have just returned to home from marong week away, thought we'd beat the rush. interested to see how you've placed and hinged the folding shelf next the sink on your expanda. we went down that path thought jayco knocked on the head due fire escape hazard. keep us posted on this one geoff.cheers.

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
Welcome to the forum Geoff. we are all here to help if you need something. Good to see another person from the swich on here.

Geoff

Mar 29, 2012
Ipswich, QLD
Thanks to all for your welcome. Hasn't the weather been great for easter!
Just another week and we're off for a week and hope to catch some tailor in NSW.

Geoff