GoPro Movies

The Goodwins

Jan 29, 2014
Wellington Point
www.facebook.com
So latest GoPro based purchases...
$_12.jpg

I am OCD so actually found a set of GoPro mounts in white to fit to the Expanda. Including shipping and all items in the picture x 2 was $8.56

One for each end of the van. These are the curved ones so should sit nicely on the curve at the van front and rear.

I also decided to add a tether particularly for the Prado as I have under body mounts.
$_12.jpg

This one is wire with a loop. Price including the above and shipping was $2.86

Attachments

• iconImgNA_96x96.gif
    iconImgNA_96x96.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 181
Reactions: dagree

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
So we have had the GoPro for a while and I finally decided to start learning to use the software properly.

Here is my first effort.

I have used Vimeo which is directly referenced along with YouTube on the GoPro software.

Love it!!!

Particularly love the bouncing fishing rods as you drive along. Makes me want to get to bribie again.

Reactions: The Goodwins

The Goodwins

Jan 29, 2014
Wellington Point
www.facebook.com
So I have finished fitting all my mounts to the Prado. The van will be next just waiting to get it back from repairs.

I have utilised underneath, on top and inside the Prado for my mounts. The thing I have found with the whole GoPro thing is multiple andgles and locations with high quality video.

Mounts are;
IMG_1050.JPG

Top rear on the Rhino Platform
IMG_1051.JPG

Top front Rhino Platform
IMG_1054.JPG

Underneath factory towbar
IMG_1053.JPG

Underneath TJM Bar front
IMG_1055.JPG

Interior Dash Mount

The Goodwins

Jan 29, 2014
Wellington Point
www.facebook.com
Are you worried about the tape ever letting go @The Goodwins ? I would be petrified especially the one in front of the tyre!

BJ
Not really @Bmhdg76 I have a wire tether for the underside and the 3m tape actually requires a hair dryer and wipes to remove it without taking the vehicle with you. On top of that I bought it to give it a go so we will se what happens. I will post some of my raw test footage for people to see.

Reactions: Bmhdg76

The Goodwins

Jan 29, 2014
Wellington Point
www.facebook.com
So here are the test mounting on the same mount. Found I got a lot of wind noise (Generally it is obscured by a soundtrack but interesting) on the rear facing setup

Front facing

Rear facing

It gives a good idea of the stability and picture quality. This was all controlled from inside the car on my IPhone 6 using the GoPro App.

Soon it will be testing of the under vehicle mounts and the Van mounts.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
you can now get a job with Google maps!

It looks very stable....have you tried a speed bump yet?

Reactions: davemc

The Goodwins

Jan 29, 2014
Wellington Point
www.facebook.com
White GoPro Mounts have arrived and I spent some time fitting them...I know choosing white is a little OCD........LOL
IMG_1081.JPG

Front Passengers side views
IMG_1082.JPG

Rear Drivers side Mount. I plan to use this on some occasions as a reversing aid.
IMG_1084.JPG

And down the side view
IMG_1085.JPG

Looking forward to doing some filming!

The Goodwins

Jan 29, 2014
Wellington Point
www.facebook.com
Got some great ideas from GoPro YouTube post so have a few ideas. One of the fathers at soccer recently did some videos and pictures with something I had seen in the he shop but never seen in the field or used for that matter.......

image.jpeg

Hmmmm.... Loving this!