Getting ready for Christmas Holidays

icetechaus

Nov 21, 2012
Okay I am taking the van up to Cotton Tree, Maroochydore on Friday for the annual holidays and now is time that I finally remember all of the things that I decided that I should change last Christmas.
The first thing was the interior lights. The original ones in the van had burn marks in the lenses and just generally looked tacky. Finally decided on the Narva 87520 280mm X 110mm oval, flush mounts, they are just big enough to cover the existing screw holes in the roof.
First trick is to make a cavity in the roof to allow the wires and connectors to nestle into. wires.jpg Cutout.jpg
Out with the trusty Dremmel, you have to careful to watch the direction that the wires come in from so that you don't accidentally cut them. (The front one comes in from the side and the rear wires come in from the front.
Once the opening was made and the insulation foam was removed it was an easy fit and I think a pleasing result.
light off.jpg Light on.jpg
The next trick is to remove the scissor arms on the beds and install the hockey sticks as soon SWMBO gets back from picking them up.

Reactions: chartrock

jed

May 16, 2013
Gee that worked out well mate ,looks real good well done.

icetechaus

Nov 21, 2012
The only thing I didn't count on is that my wife has to stand on tippy toes to reach them to dim or turn them off.

icetechaus

Nov 21, 2012
Just went down to see how they go now that it's getting dark. I love those warm white leds, there is more light inside than I ever had with the original lights.