17' Series Gas leak detectors

Jamcor

Feb 29, 2016
Qld
Picked up new van 4wks ago when i picked up they gave me two gas detectors that goes on top of bottles and basically said your choice if want to use them or not my question is do i or dont i

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
They're gas fuses rather than detectors.

Detector is different and usually is installed in van low down to pick up on any dangerous gas leak, usually from appliances.

What you have, if installed, is a fuse which indicates ( roughly) how much gas you have in bottle and needs a pump when gas is turned on for gas to flow and so indicate amount of gas left.

They are also supposed to shut down the gas supply if there's a leak at the bottle but are notoriously subject to leaks there if not fitted properly. That's why Brisbane Camperland are iffy about them.

Having said that, we have ours fitted permanently and we find them useful. Used them for years and happy with them.

But make sure you use gas tape when fitting them.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
No prob.

When you turn the gas on, don't forget to pump/push the valve so the gas will flow.

Very easy to forget and a pain if you get it wrong. We just get whoever is turning the gas on to do it and the other checks the flow at the stove before lighting the fridge.

Sounds simple ....but we have spent ages trying to get things going after not having been away for a while....then we remember.

Did you get any other freebies from Camperland? We were surprised by our loot!

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas
Hmm I pick up my van next week and have paid the extra for the premium starter pack. Might be good if Camperland offer a little sweetener too????

Jamcor

Feb 29, 2016
Qld
image.jpg

Reactions: Sammy D and Smirke

Jamcor

Feb 29, 2016
Qld
Have no doubt one of these will b there for you do u know how to get members stickers at all

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas
No but I'd proudly put them on mine too.
As long as the moderators don't mis-fudge us for changing the topic on your post;)

Did the freebie box have the starter pack and the gas fuses in there?

Last edited:
Reactions: Drover

Jamcor

Feb 29, 2016
Qld
No starter kit seperate and gas fuses on the kithen bench on hand over im shocking for going of subject

Reactions: Sturah

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas
I really enjoy the flow on to things I may have had a little thought or none at all.

Looking forward to losing my virginity next week. Not to change topics though:lalala:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I got the pack with hats, picnic blanket etc and I traded in a Jayco and left with a Coromal, so hit em up for more goodies. 2 x free Gas Fuzes is pretty good, saves spending $80 on them, they have Camec LPG detectors at a good price in their shop, I bought one for Big Mal.