Garlic/chilli prawn pizza

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Here is my garlic/chilli prawn pizza we had Saturday night. Delicious... I cook it regularly and thought I would put it on the site. DSC01086.JPGYou get nicest flavour if you garlic and chilli the green prawns and half cook them before adding to pizza. I drizzle with chilli oil as well.
:hungry:

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Leesy the pizza stone I got from a kitchen store, and you sit the stone on roasting rack. The stainless steel frame comes with pizza stone and enables you to pick it up hot (using oven mits of course).

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Hi Turtle that's the middle size but we use this at home . We have the baby Q for van. I use small pizza stone in that. This one fits the large stone. We use to take this one away but got tired of cleaning it to put in van both ways! Better to have it clean already to go and we clean it and pack it away before leaving park ready for next time. If you want bigger pizza buy two small stones and by the time you have eaten first one second one ready!

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Hi Brad sorry I took so long to reply. No I make a dough in my bread maker. If you want recipe I can post it.

Dove

Aug 14, 2013
Melb, Vic.
I also have a Baby Q with a temp gauge. Do roasts at 200. There are a couple of threads talking about pizzas. BUT what temp do you cook at???????????????

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
I also have a Baby Q with a temp gauge. Do roasts at 200. There are a couple of threads talking about pizzas. BUT what temp do you cook at???????????????
Weber Cook Book is in the van, but I use the hottest setting with the BabyQ. I use a pizza stone on a trivet with foil under trivet and fire it up. I assemble pizzas on small pizza trays. Stick tray in on stone and cook about 15mins. Then slip off onto stone for 5. In the FamilyQ I do likewise (two pizzas at a time) and just use the outside burner.
image.jpg

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
We had Pizza in ours tonight actually. :hungry: I just put the stone on the standard Grill, no foil or trivet. I pre heat the stone and the first one takes about 10min and the next around 7 minutes, as the stone heats up it gets quicker. I have done 6 in one night and everyone was surprised how quick they cook.

Full heat too. :)

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
We had Pizza in ours tonight actually. :hungry: I just put the stone on the standard Grill, no foil or trivet. I pre heat the stone and the first one takes about 10min and the next around 7 minutes, as the stone heats up it gets quicker. I have done 6 in one night and everyone was surprised how quick they cook.

Full heat too. :)
Yep, I do the same on my home 4 burner with the roasting hood down. My record is 12 pizzas in a night! Barely had time for a beer:(

shiraz

Oct 22, 2012
sellicks hill s.a
Here is my garlic/chilli prawn pizza we had Saturday night. Delicious... I cook it regularly and thought I would put it on the site.View attachment 10375You get nicest flavour if you garlic and chilli the green prawns and half cook them before adding to pizza. I drizzle with chilli oil as well.
:hungry:

Looks Good....... Try a Thai Red Curry Pizza.

Use Coconut cream reduced or a thick coconut powder mix as a base, mariate chicken or Prawns in Red Thai Curry
paste. amount depends on how strong you want it.use strips of red capsicum and what ever you lick on top when cooked add Coriander. enjoy.

sorry no pics.

Shiraz

Reactions: Xpandafan

Dove

Aug 14, 2013
Melb, Vic.
Thanks for reminding me about the foil and Trivet. Last Sunday I did a flat leg of lamb in the Q. I completely forgot about the foil and trivet and just threw the lamb on the grill. It still cooked nicely, I just had to keep turning it.
I have an old Barbe Qs Galore stone. It just fits in the Baby Q. I will give it a go on the weekend and see how much pizza gets burned.