Frustrated

jim74

Oct 23, 2012
port macquarie
at xmas i learnt the hard way about not pegging down the legs to your awning and the damn thing folded itself over the roof of the van. the insurance company was great and approved the claim within the week. Just a warning to anyone on the Mid North Coast - the service team at Watsons Jayco in Port Macquarie are hopeless. it took over a month for the awning to arrive ( so i was told but from a guy who works there he said it had been there for weeks). it has now been over 70 days and they still havent got round to touching up the scratches to the paint work and the wrong sticker kit turned up. to top it all off i set up camp last night and now my antiflap kit seems to have grown 100mm and will not fit the new awning...sorry i just needed to vent!

Attachments

• awning.jpg
    awning.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 288

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
All you can do mate is shake your head and laugh.... if you don't you will go crazy!!
There is no quality checking with work these days, and I'm not referring to just Jayco, its everything!! Nobody takes pride in their work at all, not like the old days (and I'm not even old)

Good Luck with you repairs!!

jim74

Oct 23, 2012
port macquarie
update, apparentley there was a batch of carefree awnings made incorrectley in the states and i have one. to their credit they are sending someone bush with a spare afk to fix it

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
update, apparentley there was a batch of carefree awnings made incorrectley in the states and i have one. to their credit they are sending someone bush with a spare afk to fix it

Mine had to be reaplced as well faulty from new to long.

Not sure if the same issue but sounds related....

Good on them for sorting it but :)!

Let us know how you get along....

DiDExceed

Nov 2, 2012
Kuluin, Queensland
If it makes you feel any better, in January we made a claim for storm damage with our insurance company, it was approved within a week and the van booked in at the repairers on the 28 th of feb, in the meantime the pop top collapsed in the Aussie day storms, so another claim was made, long story short our expanda has been with the repairers unstated because the insurance company have been stuffing both parties around, hopefully the second claim approval should come through next week and then the Evan will be another 8-9 weeks from there. I must say though, the repairers have been fantastic.