17' Series Front tool box!

Nagga's

Sep 23, 2013
The Sunny Pilbara WA
How did you attach your front tool box to the drawbar? We plan to store gas bottles in there too, how do you keep them in place? Pics would be good too :becky: On our 14 we had the gas bottles either side of the tool box but having them on the inside would be much neater 8-)

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I used the original Gas bottle holder to hold one side down, and made a small clamp to go over the chassis rail on the other
I also put 1mm insertion rubber under the box on top of the chassis - to insulate as well as to stop chemical reaction between Alli and Steel

Jemmo

Feb 25, 2016
Bendigo, Vic
We did this...(see photo)
Ubolts underneath with big washers. Now have 10mm rubber in the base of the box (with holes for the bolt heads) to stop anything from rubbing or sliding.
Currently just have the gas bottles chocked so they dont move (not legal), but will put a long bolt across (or similar) to hold them down and be legal. Fixed the regulator to the back of the box.
Cheers, Jemmo
img_4003-jpg.jpg

alexvk2

Nov 30, 2016
Sydney
We did this...(see photo)
Ubolts underneath with big washers. Now have 10mm rubber in the base of the box (with holes for the bolt heads) to stop anything from rubbing or sliding.
Currently just have the gas bottles chocked so they dont move (not legal), but will put a long bolt across (or similar) to hold them down and be legal. Fixed the regulator to the back of the box.
Cheers, Jemmo
img_4003-jpg.jpg
I used 4 tech screws with rubber padding as per others ... plenty of corrugated roads up to Alice ..no worries

Reactions: bigcol