16' Series Fridge

Rodneyaf

May 5, 2014
I have just tried my 90 ltr fridge for the first time since buying the van and the freezer was down to -6 on gas but the fridge part was only down to about 14 deg after an hour or so, is that possible or am I doing something wrong?

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
Yep even on gas. I always have mine on for at least one day before any trips and we normally like to have it stocked up for that time so we don't lose all the cold by having the door open too long loading things, and if possible chill drinks etc before putting in fridge.
Once it's all up and running and you are on your way it will keep up OK.
I try and restock drinks etc at night before we go to bed, that way every thing is nice and cold in the morning.

Rodneyaf

May 5, 2014
Ok then I will try it again next week end and hope it is all good for my first trip on the Queens birthday weekend.

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Agree, put your fridge on a day or two before you set off, pre chill everything at home first before loading your fridge up, run it on 12V while driving and switch over to gas or 240 upon arrival and you'll be fine.

Agree with @jdove as well reload drinks etc. at night ready for the next day, if you pull up to go shopping switch over to gas while your away and back to 12V before setting off.

We had no problems last year up north in high 30's temps, beers icy cold after driving all day and ice cream was always frozen for the kids.

Dave