16' Series Fridge temp

Zammm

Jun 13, 2013
Melbourne
Hi Crew
Can I ask, does anyone have and issues with maintaining a consistent temp in your fridges? I have a Dometic Fridge and every time I am away it freezes my vegies etc. the day before we leave I get it cold and fill it up with goodies. While travelling it is keeping cool from the car battery. When we arrive at our destination I connect it to mains power and turn the temp to around 5, depending on the weather. Does this sound accurate? I am baffled as to why even my beer is freezing. I keep turning the temp down but there must be a general temp that everyone uses.... Isn't there??????
Any advice would be appreciated.....

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
Zammm we have had the same issue several times and have found it is based on what the temperature of the day is and also the overnight temp. During the summer In sunny gippsland (not) we run ours around 3-4 if for example we have a cold night and when you awake everything is frozen and you lower your setting it takes most of the day to change the fridge temp but also it has taken longer if everything is frozen. In winter we only need to run it on 2-3. but when and if the weather is around the 35+ we run ours above 5. l installed a temp gauge in it and this helps us monitor the temp but don't expect a rapid change in temp like a engel portable fridge.

I hope this helps and I'm talking about the 150 litre model is yours that model?
Thanks.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
We are running ours at 2 - 3 at the moment and we also have a digital thermometer from jay car to monitor temps.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Gee some of these replies are interesting...
I could not put my hand on my heart and say that one setting has ever worked for our fridge.
We have to constantly monitor depending on the outside temperature.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Ours stays on 3-3.5 and lower for gas, fridge is also on the annexe side which I would say makes a big difference being out of the sun so possibly maintains a more stable temp.

ckcklopic

Aug 11, 2011
Melbourne
We also have a digital thermometer and have to constantly change, depending on the weather. I think it also depends on the contents, full or half empty, and whether things that are not cold have been put in it.

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
I agree with @Burnsy , @ckcklopic & @relgate, all really good points to consider, never had any prob's with ours, even up north in the high temps and humidity, bottom of the fridge always seems colder and back near the fins colder as well.

Dave

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
I hear what you are all saying, we have frozen everything on a few occasions and now seem to have (150l) fridge on around 3 or 3.5 on either gas or 240v.
Barney.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Does it cause any issues with heat in the annexe. It is amazing how much heat they give off in use.

Zammm

Jun 13, 2013
Melbourne
Hey all thanks for the replies. Yes mine is a 150 litre. No one I am freezing things. It seems that everyone is around the 3-4 mark. I have mine at 6-7. I am away again for a week at Inverloch, maybe I will gave better luck there.
I will get a temp monitor though. Can you tell me what the inside temp of a fridge should be at?