Found what we want! Work N Play

Expendable

Feb 15, 2014
Hi peoples,

Well as some of you would be aware we have been looking at Expanda's asking questions on shower toilet poptop etc wasn't totally sold a big issue has been space for us but also not wanting a 21+ ft van.

A couple of week ago we were at a friends place and my son (nearly 4) was taken for a ride as on a PW50 he had a fantastic time and has been talking about it since then.

Now we have spent the last for days at the Tallebudgera Creek CV park in a Villa (yes call us snobs) but today before we left I was pushing the stroller and walking with my son who was riding his push bike (still has training wheels lololol) any way he was making his motor cycle sounds as he rode anyway first we passed a expanda probably a year old and the guy was pushing in one of the beds pretty much effortless looked easy kept on walking son making his noises to the amusement of many people and we walked past a base station bloody huge but the space it had in the back four bunks bikes they were just piling it all in how good was that I thought.

So I told my wife my thoughts and that maybe I could buy that quad bike I always wanted lol and waited to be told that I was kidding myself and I got the shock of my life when she said hmm not a bad idea makes it easy to store the bikes etc, she sat on the villas veranda yesterday amazed as people took half the day to pack stuff up into trailers etc as expandas and caravans were packed up in mins and gone.

So we just spent the last three hours talking about it and what won us both over was being able to transform the back area into a dining area and actually anything we like.

Now she is coming out with even more ideas for the void one even a bit naughty lol, I think we just got serious!

Sorry Yes I waffle :)

Expendable

Feb 15, 2014
lol.... sounds like a similar sales pitch to mine.......

The funny part was I didn't pitch it hard at all, the wife actually looked at the work n play a few times but I dismissed it and said move along need to check out the real CV's/Expandas lol.

Actually she will probably tell me I set her up for this in a years time.

Expendable

Feb 15, 2014
Anyone have the dimensions on the back area at all or where I van find them looking at Jayco site but its all new and cant seem to find them.

Expendable

Feb 15, 2014
That one looks like a great buy!! its not one of those dodgy duplicates is it?
@bigman0510 Probably but we are a bit from buying one yet as we need to sell my late mums place wont be in the market until next week.
I guess if I had the money I would make a call but then its not a OB so would have to think long and hard about that as well as I haven't looked at the difference in specks between the two.

Last edited:

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
not sure if its legit been advertised at Whyalla for the past few months floated between ebay, gumtree and caravancamping
I would think Whyalla would not help.
If you want the extra ground clearance of a outback you can get it underslung although I would think the annexe's be all wrong afterwards unless your lucky.
I really like the work and play although with 4 bunks out of our price range new.
Have seen a few three bunk models around although most just under $40k, I also seen a few basestation's around or just over that. Although would not fit in our backyard.
Four kids so sleeping five leaves one on the floor.

Expendable

Feb 15, 2014
Four kids so sleeping five leaves one on the floor.

Two is enough for us lol three bunks to four bunks would be good, no doubt they will have friends that will want to come along at some stage, little young for that yet but I always like to plan ahead.