Food grade tubing

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi all, I was at Jayco the other day and they sell food grade tubing in black to replace the factory tubing that Jayco use on tanks, drain pipes etc @ about $6.80/m. This would solve the algae problem in the clear tube, another mod, shame they don't use this in factory!

Cheers.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi all, I was at Jayco the other day and they sell food grade tubing in black to replace the factory tubing that Jayco use on tanks, drain pipes etc @ about $6.80/m. This would solve the algae problem in the clear tube, another mod, shame they don't use this in factory!

Cheers.
Hi Burnsy,
How do you reckon you would go asking for it to replaced under warranty?
I am not sure of the pipes you speak of yet, are they fresh water supply? Drain pipes would be a hard argument but not fresh water. Doesn't sound healthy for fresh water.

jas

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Isn't there a standard somewhere that dictates the quality of drinking pipe work? What does the plumbers certificate cover off on a van?

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Burnsy,
I am not sure of the pipes you speak of yet, are they fresh water supply? Drain pipes would be a hard argument but not fresh water. Doesn't sound healthy for fresh water.

jas

Hi Jas, no chance on warranty that's just what they do. They use it everywhere, fresh water and waste, Jaycos just need a bit of fine tuning but were loving ours......really happy, just need to get that shower sorted!

Cheers.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Agree with HM. A little fine tuning is OK. If Jayco actually did it all the fine tuning, and those great mods we do ourselves, then we probably wouldn't be able to afford the Expanda we want.
I've seen vans close to $100k that I wouldn't swap for, no matter how finely detailed they are.

donnybabes

Dec 24, 2012
Bendigo Vic
I emptied my tanks yesterday and noticed algae in the clear tubing.Is there a simple way of removing the algae? It needs removing before covering or painting black.
Im going to contact Jayco today,they could be made libel for health problems.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Isn't there a standard somewhere that dictates the quality of drinking pipe work? What does the plumbers certificate cover off on a van?

Not water, just gas. I asked they guy who used to do the certificates!

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I emptied my tanks yesterday and noticed algae in the clear tubing.Is there a simple way of removing the algae? It needs removing before covering or painting black.
Im going to contact Jayco today,they could be made libel for health problems.

Welcome donnybabes, i think the best way would be to replace the tubes, either with clear again which is cheap or go the extra and buy black.

Cheers.

donnybabes

Dec 24, 2012
Bendigo Vic
Hi Burnsy,

jas
I went to Jayco Bendigo and they dont/wont relpace the tubing under warranty.They told me to buy some tank clean and flush it throught he tanks by turning the sink and shower on.they reckon this will cure the algae in the pipes and any thing that has got into the tanks.
I will replace the clear tubing with black and do a tank clean to be on the safe side.