Floods

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Looking at the news tonight and the last couple of days, it seems it is the turn of our southern neighbours to cop the floods. 75% of NSW is either under flood or threated by it and it is spreading into northern Victoria. I hope all our members are safe and secure and clear of danger. :fear:

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
We copped a fair bit around here. A mate of mine has a bit of land down at the Brindabella valley and lost everything except his caravan. Cars, tractor, spray trailers/tanks,shed,tools and anything in its path. Bit sad but that's life I suppose. Just have to move on

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
Yeah a fair bit of rain here - my husband started playing the Thurgoona Golf Club Championships (scheduled last weekend and next weekend) and he played the worst 7 holes in his life in driving rain before they called the event off- by the following morning the creek running through the course had swamped about 4 fairways and backed up behind our back fence - but we are up well and truely high enough to not case a problem. Consequently golf was called off on the Sunday as well . My folks live in a town north of wagga and were nearly evacuated early Sunday morning with water from the nearby creek entering the back of their house into the laundry - but came up no higher. They said most things are OK - but have not really ever seen it ever so bad - houses in their town flooded that have never flooded before.

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Travelled with van in tow from Forster-Tuncurry near Taree to Brisbane today and only hit rain at Beenleigh. But the rain is coming from the south.
We have to try and get back to Bundaberg tomorrow, but currently the Bruce HWY is cut in a few places with floods.
Cheers Deano

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Thinking of everyone

I
We are thinking of everyone caught up in the floods. We can only pray it will end soon but the heartache will last for a long time.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Well said, our thoughts are with those who have lost so much.

Ditto A very heartfelt thought there Jennymay, it is amazing how the floods affect people in so many different ways.
I was talking to our newsagent the other day and he said that when the waters go down a bit he will head out to Forbes with his partner and offer their help in the clean up process.
He is a Jayco van owner and will simply free camp while there and help anyone who needs it. Us jayco owners area a good breed aren't we.

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Hey Bigman, can you get to Moranbah from Mackay at the moment or have you floods up there?
Cheers Deano

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
The wife mentioned that they had to evacuate some of the mines at moranbah the other day and they had to use the coal train to get them out.