fitting privacy screens

Jim and Tab

Jul 29, 2011
Bendigo Victoria
good evening.
we won a pair of privacy screens on ebay $100 brand new from bayswater jayco.
they come with a heap of press studs that i presume go on the hard lit
are theese east to fit(im pretty handy but not pretty lol)
do i just hold them in position and mark where the press studs go
or is there a certain spot on the h/l they screw to
thanks for any help
jim-tab and diamond

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
good evening.
we won a pair of privacy screens on ebay $100 brand new from bayswater jayco.
they come with a heap of press studs that i presume go on the hard lit
are theese east to fit(im pretty handy but not pretty lol)
do i just hold them in position and mark where the press studs go
or is there a certain spot on the h/l they screw to
thanks for any help
jim-tab and diamond

Jim I think they have a set postion for them because the privacy screens can be swapped end for end ( although they are a different cut and don't fit properly ) the shade cloth material stretches a lot. The screws for the press studs screw into the fiberglass pretty easily. I have covered ours up now and will be busy till next week otherwise I could get you some photos and measurements. Perhaps someone else can.

Reactions: Jim and Tab

rjstokes

Jun 5, 2013
Perth, WA
Hi all,

Just wanting to revive this thread as I'm about to go drill some holes and install the Jayco privacy screens to our van. I was basically going to start at one corner and work around, allowing a little play.

Thing is, how do the things fold up? Our bed base pushed forward into the van, then the lid closes behind it. If the screens on the lid, presumably it just flops about behind the lid? Are they strapped up or something? Or are there bungies that secure the corners? Escuse my naivety!

Thanks.

jeff

Mar 4, 2013
200km south of Perth
There is a method. Undo the press studs that attach to the front of the van, also the press studs on the side of the lid. On the outer bottom corners there are 2 straps that hold the bottom of the screen in place, on these straps there are press studs. Attach these to press studs on the lid, closest to the front of van. Fold the sides that are left between the lid and screen. Holds it in position for when you close the lid.

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Hi all,

I'm about to go drill some holes and install the Jayco privacy screens to our van. I was basically going to start at one corner and work around, allowing a little play.

Thanks.

Start in the middle and go each way, that way it is sure to end up symmetrical.

Reactions: blacky and Burnsy

rjstokes

Jun 5, 2013
Perth, WA
Thanks guys for the responses. I hit a snag unfortunately in that the rear screen seems way too small. It's 300mm to short along the rear edge - even with tension stretching it! I rang Jayco and received the verbal equivalent to crickets on the other end. Looks like another trip to the Toy Shop!

Reactions: blacky

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
Sorry to hear mate. They are a good thing.... when they're the right size! Likewise, we leave the horizontal lid edge clipped up, undo the horizontal lateral and vertical edges, the bed vase outer corner press studs then are clipped into the upper lid corners and the rest folded in..... if that makes sense?