Fiamma bike rack

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
This is one request that I would be searching on as I have seen a few really good ideas out there in other forum posts.
so do a search in the forum for bike racks.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
bikerack.jpg
oldexpandabikerack.jpg
Hi, I'm looking at getting a bike rack for my 16:49:3. If I use the Fiamma does the tilting action allow for the 2 bikes to stay on the Abar and have the bed down?
http://caravansplus.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2658

any other recommendations?

Thanks
Rob
G'day Redbarn we had a similar fiamma bike rack on our van but we got rid of it because I damaged the triton doing a uturn (not quite enough clearance) we had the same bike rack on our 2004 16ft expanda for 8 years without problem but it had smaller gas bottle. We have not got an extended drawbar on our new one which I think I you might need, I don't think any of the ones on the drawbar will enable tilting without removing the bikes.

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Hi Redbarn,

We had the same bike rack when we were using Dad's Jayco Discovery...worked great. But then we got a 17.56-1 Expanada and couldn't use it. There was not enough tilt with the bikes on or off to enable the bed end to be opened. I had thought about cutting a couple of slots in the aluminium channel, but then sold it and bought a towbar rack instead (see below)

Cheers, James

IMG_3337.JPG

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Hi Jasa
what sort of tow bar rack is that and where did you buy it from.

Hi Little oz and welcome to the forum,

Sorry it's taken me a few days to get back to you. We bought the bike rack from Bayswater Jayco. Below is a cut and paste of the details from a previous post of mine. Hope this helps

No it wasn't specially made for me, but they do specially make it to suit the Hayman Reece hitch I have, so I had to look around to get it right (and I was sick of pulling bikes apart to fit them in the van).
The rack is made by Aussie Eagle Fabrication in bayswater Melbourne 9720 1650 www.tradesmantrailers.com.au. Australian made and can take up to 4 bikes (90kg). I picked it up from Jayco in bayswater. It had just been redesigned an extra 150 or 200mm higher than their previous version especially to go on the back of the car with a caravan. It might pay to ring around if you want one. I spoke to aussie eagle direct and was told $595!!! then he said "It's Christmas, I'll do it for $495!!" I bought it from Jayco Bayswater for $350. I'm not sure why they were so much cheaper. I do know it was one of the first half dozen they had made with the higher frame. Good Luck