factory photos

jeff

Mar 4, 2013
200km south of Perth
Considering the number of complaints about Jayco vans on this forum, it makes me wonder if they have any quality control measures in place eg quality assure programs. They would at least let them be aware of who was signing off on shoddy work before the next area gets to do their work. Doesn't matter how good the facilities look, if they end product is not up to scratch, business will subside.
We haven't had any faults to date that have not been fixed under warranty, so our comments are not sour grapes

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
The quality control guy :gru::minion_write:must have had a big night the night before he checked my van, I had 30 plus warrantee items to be repaired, some things were outright forgotten to be installed that are standard items.

But I won't start complaining until they knock back any thing & so far they have agreed to do everything, they are built to a price point that will include most family's, then rely on non fussy owners to make most of their money on the van, & if they were to build every van to a higher standard there would be less family's who could afford them.

While on this subject the warrantee is actually quite crap when compared to a car that is cheaper to purchase or an equivalent priced car, the RV only has a 12 month warrantee & is only used on average 3 or 4 times a year or less mostly on short trips, but yet a cheap car you get 5 years & you drive the thing every day.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Just remember we've all got Jayco's folks, so the only van issues we regularly discuss here are Jayco ones.
Other much more expensive brands still have their fair share of QC issues as well, but I'm not going to start a "them and us" thread.
I hope those manufacturers attitude to warranty work is as good as Jayco's and that the companies stay around as long. Each of my Jayco's has been better than the previous one (and all I could afford) :wink-47:

Reactions: relgate and Wanda

jeff

Mar 4, 2013
200km south of Perth
CJ1177, very relevant comment 'they are built to a price". But the work still should not be shody. Previous to owning the JAYCO we had a Coromal which we had no problems with. When we looked at replacing the Coromal, their options were crap so we ended up with a JAYCO. We have since found out that Coromal are now owned by FLEETWOOD that produce both Windsor & Coromal vans. So going from a family owned company to a public company has done a lot of harm, in my opinion

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
@jeff that's a similar story to us, I really wanted a Coromal transforma but they only have 2 floor plans, 1 single axel & 1 dual axel, & they wouldn't customise. Windsor Rapid was a close call but nothing compared to the 14.4-4

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
We can not complain about jayco finish we have had 4 off them and not a problem that i could not fix a lot pff warranty jobs people could fix them self saving time taking it back to the factory or dealer maybe we have just been lucky lol

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
We own 3 factories in mainland china, I wrote all of the QA proceedures and each worker is 100% responsible for his or her work. It beggers belief that Jayco (and many others) can have so many defects from new. Don't get me wrong I love our Jayco and its a gooden, next van will be an off road sterling, but I feel for those of you who have warrantee problems that just should not happen in today's market. I guess the only compensation is Jayco's support is second to none.

Reactions: CJ1177