Fabric Protection

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I got contacted by VanTec recently who offer fabric protection. They've quote $605 to protect all fabric surfaces in the van when it arrives, and comes with a 5 year guarantee.

Has anyone had experience with this mob, and /or fabric protection in general - good or bad?
Andrew

Lisao

Jun 7, 2011
Melbourne
That is a lot of money for a bit of spray over your fabric. We did not protect our fabric and I am sort of happy we did not. Last weekend when we went away my little one droped water over the seats (as kids do) and I noticed the water just beads off. Once I wiped the water the fabric was not even wet. My experience is the fabric is very durable.

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
We're going to buy a few tins of scotchguard and do it ourselves. We generally put a towel down to protect fabric a bit from grime at meals times and when we're smothered in sunscreen. You can buy from godfreys a mixture that sprays on, about $40 for several litres too.

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
G'Day Straydingo,

We got it on our Eagle when we bought it in 2007. The seats are still in new condition now. I'm not sure if thats because we cared for it well or the Vantec did the job we paid for. Anyway we decided against it this time for our Expanda.

Paul

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
We got the same thing as well. Advised by a mate in the business that although it is good, it is a bit of an overkill in that they do everything, not just seat cushions and the more likely damaged areas. His advice was to scotchguard the main areas ourselves. I guess it comes down to risk and what you want.

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
We plan on treating our own with Scotchguard as well.......we were advised it is just as good. Our Swan had Van Tec, however as we only really sleep in van and dont usually eat inside we never really had any spillages.

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
We didn't end up bothering with it.
$605 for 5 years warranty, we don't eat in the van either, don't drink red wine, don't leave bright red lipstick lying around open on a seat, don't intend on flinging food on the curtain, or peeing in bed, so that only leaves mould protection. Not worth it for us.
I'll look at the self-applied sprays as suggested, or simply not worry :)

Are We There Yet?

Jun 24, 2011
Vic
We didn't bother with vantec either. I'm going to make some protective covers for our seat cushions. Someone elsewhere suggested using a rubber backed curtain and making it the same as a fitted sheet, so it can be easily removed for washing.