External TV Mount

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Hey guys. I am wondering if anyone has a bracket mounted to the outside of their vans. We have been sitting ours on a table but it takes up valuable real estate during meal times.

I am looking for something whichis detachable WITHOUT the big swivel arms. Just a two piece setup so it can be removed quickly for traveling or bed time. Would also prefer white to match the side of the van too.

If anyone has something i would love to see pics and would love to know how it is fixed to the side of the van.

Thanks in advance!!!

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
Ditto - I have two fold town tables... real handy for TV and just about everyhting else. I don't leave my TV out when away from the van or at night, so because its in and out a few times a day this option works for me.

Kebsy56

Jan 17, 2012
St leonards vic
Hi Hubble80
Here is what i have done. Bent it up out of 50mm flat allumminium and a bracket i got of ebay and bolted the bracket on the bottom. The tv has a vesa bracket which slides onto this bracket, the one in the van and one in the bedroom at home when not using the van:(:( Hope these photos turn out ok not real good at attaching photos ,otherwise you can go to my profile and check them out.

IMG_5847.jpg
IMG_8176.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9942.jpg
    IMG_9942.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 711

Gadgets 21.63.1

aka - adam 18.57.9
Jun 29, 2013
mornington peninsula victoria
www.bifolds.co
the tv is a 32" 3d lcd unit. the sound come from speakers mounted behind the fridge vents. they are large plastic box speakers that sound much better than the flush mounts normally fitted. the sound comes from the source inside, then goes into the tv with the video source. then the sound comes back out from the tv, back into the van into a amplifier for much better sound quality and volume. this is all done in the one connection to the tv. it also enables you to control the sound via the tv remote. also in the tv is a tv remote repeater. this then sends it infared signal back though the same cable to transmitters inside the van then you can change channel from the outside. the cable used is a 8 cable data cable normally used for networking. the tv is stored in a cardboard inside, on another mount the same as the outside. this keeps it safe and out of the way when not being used.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
I have since found that there are plenty of detachable tv brackets on the market, but do you think I can find a white one anywhere!!!

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
my missus asked a similar question about the TV for us - I suggested one of those Kids easels to sit it on
not heavy (made of light wood) reasonably strong and move it where ever you want......

just until I can figure a proper spot to mount something..

cheers