Exterior External storage ideas for tables (16.49.4)

Petenlou

Mar 10, 2014
Heyfield
Hi all,

I'm after a storage idea to store our table externally. I had a thought of making a steel cage (like a roof wire basket) and mounting it behind the wheels towards the rear.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?? Photos if you've already succeeded

We already have anti flap kits etc mounted under the front bed lid, and there doesn't seem to be enough clearance to store it under the rear bed end.

Thank you

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Hi @Petenlou a few people (and I've copied this idea myself) have mounted the table between the expanda bed door and the bed, held in place with some pieces of pool noodle that have been cut to length and notched out for the table to sit into. Works a treat, we also put our interlocking floor tiles in behind the door as well.

Dave

Petenlou

Mar 10, 2014
Heyfield
Hi @Petenlou a few people (and I've copied this idea myself) have mounted the table between the expanda bed door and the bed, held in place with some pieces of pool noodle that have been cut to length and notched out for the table to sit into. Works a treat, we also put our interlocking floor tiles in behind the door as well.

Dave
Have you any Pics

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
here is our table between hard lid and bed floor, just screwed and glued some angle aluminium from bunnings and adjustable straps and cheapest drawer handle mounts also from big green shed, dont have to take table off to fold down bed if not needed, Barney
van mods 034.jpg

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I posted this quite a while ago. I have always used pool noodle. I use it for heaps of stuff, I find the hollow noodle better, big w sell it.
13864-1d9ea8a7f0351fa2bc6355e83f7f7c36.jpg

Reactions: Dandy

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Did you drill holes into the table for the pad bolts??

two 8mm holes in the side of the table, thats why i used offset pad bolts , so my table holes didn't end up right on the edge ( bunnings and there white.) or you could use normal ones and put a block of nylon under them to bring them out a bit.

bolts stop it moving side to side and up or out, can stay in place when dropping bed end if table not required.

can swing table legs out ready to go, then get it out, saves wrestling in the dirt.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I carry mine the same as @macca but my table is longer and takes up pretty much all of the front. I just use a couple of small pieces of pool noodle at the bottom to wedge it in. Works really well.
No drilling, no holes, no straps, it just sits there and then the front hardlid keeps it all together.