External shower has low water pressure??

Kazzam

Apr 13, 2013
Has anyone experienced low water pressure with the external shower? Van is a 16-49-3 2013 outback.
Even when water taps are turned on full water just dribbles out... very frustrating to wash the sand off...
Any advice would be great.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
We still have the same issue - had the mains pressure regulator changed - has made very little difference. Will need to investigate further as external shower is still next-to-useless >:(

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
sorry if it seems stupid to ask, but the button on the shower head is on isn't it?

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
sorry if it seems stupid to ask, but the button on the shower head is on isn't it?
Not a stupid question DS. When I first got my OB I couldn't get the ext shower to work. Rang Jayco. Polite service guy said, try pushing the white button in! Doooh! Felt silly but no one at handover told me. Not good pressure on mine but enough to wash sand off.

Freoboy

Sep 17, 2013
Perth
I had poor water pressure in our Swan and the new Expanda also has poor water pressure in the outdoor shower. The internal shower has great pressure. Do you need the water pump on for the outdoor shower even when connected to mains?

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
I had poor water pressure in our Swan and the new Expanda also has poor water pressure in the outdoor shower. The internal shower has great pressure. Do you need the water pump on for the outdoor shower even when connected to mains?
nah .... if your on mains it supplies everything the pump does. maybe if you have poor pressure it may pay to look at the fittings we did get a run of bad elbow connectors that were moulded bad, only had a small hole in them, took some head scratching to find that.

Freoboy

Sep 17, 2013
Perth
nah .... if your on mains it supplies everything the pump does. maybe if you have poor pressure it may pay to look at the fittings we did get a run of bad elbow connectors that were moulded bad, only had a small hole in them, took some head scratching to find that.
I will check out the fittings for the outdoor shower when i get a chance, cheers DaveS :)

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
I get ordinary pressure in the van when on mains, where do I find the pressure reducer?
under the van it's usually pretty close to the filler, it's a largeish brass fitting about 50mm at it's widest and about 100-120mm long, never remove it from the system tho as the fittings can fail on high pressure

anton Smith

Jul 8, 2013
Dunsborough
www.bluewaterbuilding.com.au
Our internal shower pressure has reduced dramatically over our last two trips. Going from great pressure to nearly nothing in less than a dozen showers uses.

We have resorted to keeping the tanks filled even in a park and using the pump pressure so it doesn't seem to be a blockage.

I am going to get it checked as it's a pain in the arse.

The Alberto

Oct 19, 2012
Rockhampton QLD
Our outdoor shower was the same, absolutely useless - could not even use it to wash sand off my feet.

I took it apart this week-end and this is what I found:

photo4.jpg

This is where the shower head screws onto the hose. How on earth do they expect any sort of water pressure to make it's way through those pin holes? I used a flat blade screwdriver and popped the restrictor out, put it back together and it now works like a proper shower. I also did the same to the internal shower as well. It does mean that we will use a bit more water, but at least there is decent pressure there now. Really only a problem if free camping and water is on a budget though.

Hope this helps someone.

Reactions: Freoboy

Freoboy

Sep 17, 2013
Perth
Our outdoor shower was the same, absolutely useless - could not even use it to wash sand off my feet.

photo4.jpg

This is where the shower head screws onto the hose. How on earth do they expect any sort of water pressure to make it's way through those pin holes? I used a flat blade screwdriver and popped the restrictor out, put it back together and it now works like a proper shower. I also did the same to the internal shower as well. It does mean that we will use a bit more water, but at least there is decent pressure there now. Really only a problem if free camping and water is on a budget though.

Hope this helps someone.

Great work, I will get onto this as soon as I can, I knew there had to be something!

Deanus

Jun 22, 2013

photo4.jpg

Hope this helps someone.
Thanks for the tip. Still works in 2017. Found mine restricted as well. Now to check the internal shower.

Forums Rule !!!!!

Lozza T

Aug 13, 2016
Melbourne
I had a similar issue with low pressure so i removed the orginal shower head and fitted a spare shower head which I had and made a huge difference.