Extended Warranties

darcy305

Jul 24, 2011
Meadow Heights
Hi all,
Just thought I share some good feedback from a ford dealer!!

When we purchased our 2011 diesel Territory last year we were offered an extended warranty, Having heard all the bad reports about extended warranties we were skeptical in handing over another $1700 but considering we are planning on keeping this one for some time we agreed to a 3 year cover. In the last 3 weeks we have had the climate control blender box replaced then once they got that put back together there was no heat coming out of the front vents so the dash was removed and drive shaft and deflector doors were replaced. One week later the rear windscreen wiper stopped working (kept blowing fuses). Yesterday the wife went to start the car no go!! Car was towed to our dealer Fuel pump had packed up that was replaced today.

All items have been replaced no questions asked !!! Over $2000 in repairs in total, so thankful we took out the extended cover. Lets hope things happen in threes !!!

Attachments

• clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 152
  • clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 145

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Nice one. Too there is a implied warranty (like a grace period), which is usually a few weeks after the actual warranty. Mrs Pace had a win with our dish washer that way.

Might get her on the case for the microwave in the van now......

Pace.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Nice one. Too there is a implied warranty (like a grace period), which is usually a few weeks after the actual warranty. Mrs Pace had a win with our dish washer that way.

Might get her on the case for the microwave in the van now......

Pace.
Jayco certainly comes to the party. The fabric on my dinette seat came apart at a seam recently. And Jayco has just replaced both seats under warranty.
Very happy.
Sure thing shouldn't go wrong, as per @darcy305 Ford, but it is nice to have them fixed without hassle!

Last edited:

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
I have used the Nissan extended warranty as it is an extention of the factory warranty. In the last Pathfinder need to replace a steering wheel airbag and it was well over the price of the extended warranty.
Some of the extended warranties are just an insurance policy, and can cause arguements over liability etc.. as the warranty claim has to be processed by an insurance company rather than the Manufacturer. Ussually done on second hand cars with unknown history and sold by non original manufacturer car yards/dealers.
I will always look at the first, but would not bother with the second as you will need to argue for each claim.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
My Jeep came with a 3 year factory warranty, if we continue to have it serviced at the dealer we bought it from they cover it for a further 3 years, total 6 year warranty, no wonder they charge $600 for a simple service!!! My work mate bought a Mini Cooper 2006 model, he paid for an extended warranty, just as well 2 x gearboxes, 2 x computers has car for 6 months in every 12 and the rest of the time its being repaired, BUT he doesnt have to pay for the repairs lol

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
You can certainly have wins with them, just need to know the fine print, some have limits to the max that can ever be claimed so there good for say $4k others won't cover full cost of motors or gearboxes etc. It's obvuisly usually to the dealers advantage because when I have purchased new cars from Nissan and Toyota the dealer has tried to sell there version rather than the factory extended which to is always preferable.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My Colorado being 2nd hand comes with a 3yr warranty by the Mazda dealer I got it from, so long as I have it serviced by them. Didn't cost me anything up front but upon reading the fine print, liability is up to $1000 each claim, considering they charge like a wounded bull for service I might see how it goes for the next 10K and if all good do my own servicing as usual, then I know its done.
Anyone know of a workshopmanual for a RG Colorado ?