Expanda safe, bust the myth

Mick&Vanessa

Feb 20, 2014
Sydney
Hi All,
Sorry to ask, I have been reading previous posts and i'm really confused. Do the new Expandas come with a safe in the van to hide valuables or not. Sorry to ask but our Expanda (ordered) is coming soon and we want to know if we need buy something to protect our things or not.
Thanks heaps, advice is appreciated
Mike & Vanessa

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Tis very small, inconveniently placed. Ended up undoing bolts from under van and removing it. Only big enough to hold maybe 2 or so mobile phones.

Reactions: Mick&Vanessa

Mick&Vanessa

Feb 20, 2014
Sydney
Will find out on Friday for you when we pick ours up :)
Thanks, hope it does have one included, will save us having to buy another item.
Also hoping that it will be big enough to fit a few things but it sounds pretty small. May end up removing it and putting a bit bigger one in, just one big enough to fit our wallet/purse, phones and maybe an iPad. Sounds like the stock safe won't fit an iPad.
Thanks again
Michael

Last edited:

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Our '13 18-57.6 has one, we weren't expecting it but use it heaps when away. Yes it is small but it does us and no it wont fit an iPad.

Dave

Mick&Vanessa

Feb 20, 2014
Sydney
Our '13 18-57.6 has one, we weren't expecting it but use it heaps when away. Yes it is small but it does us and no it wont fit an iPad.

Dave
Thanks Dave,
Sounds like small is better than nothing. Looking forward to see this thing now and what we can fit into it!
Cheers
Michael

roscoe

Mar 12, 2013
I just don't get what's the point of the safe? I've got a new 16.49-4 and the safe just pulls out of its housing like a draw in a cupboard. Sure it's still locked but nothing a large screwdriver wouldn't overcome after someone's made off with it.

Mick&Vanessa

Feb 20, 2014
Sydney
Yeh, sounds a bit useless if it just pulls out of its housing. Probably just saves them having to search your van for your valuables, knowing if they get hold of it and give it a shake, they will know that they have your valuables in one go. I can see myself putting some tek screws though the housing. Maybe that might slow them down a bit, if anything.