Expanda roof racks

Youlto

May 5, 2014
G'day
New to the expanda world and was wondering if it was possible to get roof racks for my 16.49.2 ?
I don't intend on putting to much on there just a clubby ski and possibly a couple of surfboards , would weigh less than one of those air conditioners I see on some so don't think the weight is a issue . Any advice would be great
Thanks

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Gday and welcome. On one of those cold crisp mornings, look up to the ceiling and you should see faint condensation lines. Thats where in the roof structure are the strengthening beams, use them as a guide. Cheers Pace.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
When an AC is installed, the roof is reinforced ie stronger frame to take the extra weight is used during construction, hence @Pace 's comment above. If not reinforced, roof load is fairly limited I should think.
Best to check with your dealer re max load limit of your particular van. They should be able to tell you.
May need to supply the chassis number (build number)
Cheers, Hank

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
This is what they put up there for air conditioners. There is other braces that hold the roof up and the solar attaches too . I would think any racks would want to be attached to the corners not the supports. Bit it wouldn't want to be much weight, I don't think the roof is real strong given the bend I have seen in some.

image.jpg

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
G'day
New to the expanda world and was wondering if it was possible to get roof racks for my 16.49.2 ?
I don't intend on putting to much on there just a clubby ski and possibly a couple of surfboards , would weigh less than one of those air conditioners I see on some so don't think the weight is a issue . Any advice would be great
Thanks
Welcome to the forum..
I haven't seen any off the shelf racks, so expect you have to make them up. Would look at making them sit on the edge of the roof - just before the curve, and use bolts to attach to the roof. Should be able to get under the top to put nuts on - nylocks or use locktite.

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
They make them for campers but not expands they may fit but how you gunna get stuff up and down