16' Series Expanda outback 16.49.1B

Tracy Currie-Tink

Apr 26, 2013
We have just ordered our new van and we able to sell our current van before trade in so I've got $3000 extra to spend on upgrades. We already have the external shower with hot water system, solar pack and wind up antenna. Please advise of which extras may be most beneficial for a family of four.
thanks

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hi Tracy and Welcome to the forum! :)
Everyone here is very good at helping people spend extra $$$'s. Myself included!

I would suggest upgrading to the 150L larger fridge, if you haven't already done that.
Air con is always nice on the stinking hot summer days and nights.
A shade wall if you're not getting an annex.
Some waterproof bed fly's, keeps everything nice and dry
Anti flap kit and awning roof rafters.
A pole holder always comes in handy for poles, fishing rods etc.

hmmm, what else, I'm sure I'll get back to you with some more!

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Hi Tracey and welcome! Agree with what Lara has said, great additions. The ones we love are
extra power points
outside table
extra water tank
bigger fridge
hot water
battery
aerial point outside
extended draw bar.
Roof air

all the Best mate.

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Definitely the Big fridge, extended draw bar if you intend adding a toolbox and 16" Wheels are good too as they are rated for a heavier load than the 15's. There are also a bucket load of things you can add on yourself after you have the van thats the Fun bit! :)

Reactions: Lara

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Definitely the Big fridge, extended draw bar if you intend adding a toolbox and 16" Wheels are good too as they are rated for a heavier load than the 15's. There are also a bucket load of things you can add on yourself after you have the van thats the Fun bit! :)

Yep, the 16" wheels are a great idea Capt Gadget, and one that I wish we had!
And yes, the fun begins when you get your hands on it and add your own personal touches and mods, so save some dollars for that too!

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
:welcome: to the forum Tracey, I'd also add a water tank level monitor that can come in handy and eliminate the guess work of how much water is left.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
:welcome:Tracey.
The fun times begin.
Other items to consider:
A rear view/reversing camera
2nd battery
2nd gas bottle (if not already included)
Then just browse this forum end to end and make a list of your favourite mods and "essentials" once you get you van home.
My Weber BabyQ would be up there along with carpet on the floor for starters.
Also check out the caravan/RV accessories places for all the gadgets you don't yet know you need.
We love the telescopic & folding broom, and our latest acquisition is a very compact expandable clothes airer ($20 from Bunnings today).

billykidd

Apr 2, 2013
Brisbane
I'd get the second gas bottle and bayonet outlets for the BBQ. If you leave to a later mod, getting the bayonets isn't as easy as you expect!
As others mention, get the bigger fridge if not already included, and look through the forums, some very nice vans and accessories to get ideas from.